Morrisville Samp Army vs Bangla Tigers, 3rd Match, Abu Dhabi T10 League 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Morrisville Samp Army will take on the Bangla Tigers in the 3rd Match of the Abu Dhabi T10 League 2022 and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
Sheikh Zayed Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in T10 matches since 2018: 112
- Bat First vs Bowl First in T10 matches since 2018: Win batting first – 37, Win chasing – 53
- MSA-BT Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: None
- MSA-BT Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: None
- Wicket distribution in the last 12 T10 matches: RAP – 55, LAP – 25, SLO – 8, OS – 4, WS – 20
- The ground dimensions at this venue are comparatively bigger than the rest of the UAE venues.
- The straight boundaries are relatively short at 65m while the square boundaries and midwicket boundary dimensions range from 75m to 80m.
- For this reason, bowlers will get a lot of opportunities to remain in the game as batters look to score runs quickly and a lot of catches can be expected close to the boundaries.
- As the season progresses and the pitch gets used frequently, expect spin to play some role. That said, pacers who can use their variations will play the dominant role in this format and at this venue.
Predicted Playing XI
Morrisville Samp Army: Johnson Charles, Moeen Ali, Shimron Hetmyer, David Miller, Basil Hameed, George Garton, Dwaine Pretorius, Colin de Grandhomme, Karim Janat, Sheldon Cottrell, Anrich Nortje
Bench: Andreis Gous, Ibrahim Zadran, Ahmed Raza, Kashif Daud, Jacobus Pienaar, Bas de Leede, Chamika Karunaratne
Bangla Tigers: Evin Lewis, Hazratullah Zazai, Joe Clarke(wk), Colin Munro, Shakib Al Hasan(c), Benny Howell, Rohan Mustafa, Ben Cutting, Umair Ali, Matheesha Pathirana, Jake Ball
Bench: Nurul Hasan, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury, Chirag Suri, Umair Ali, Lewis Gregory, Mohammad Amir, Sreesanth, Jacob Lintott, Dan Christian
Morrisville Samp Army vs Bangla Tigers, AD10 3rd Match Stat Box
Morrisville Samp Army:
T10 Records of players from Morrisville Samp Army in the past seasons since 2018
- Johnson Charles: 449 runs at 22/192 in 23 innings
- Moeen Ali: 375 runs at 25/188 in 16 innings
- George Garton: 14 wickets at 11.5/11.1 in 15 innings
- Sheldon Cottrell: 11 wickets at 12/10.3 in 12 innings
- Ahmed Raza: 8 wickets in 8 innings
- Karim Janat: 9 wickets in 13 innings
T10 Records of players from Bangla Tigers in the past seasons since 2018
- Evin Lewis: 279 runs at 25/208 in 16 innings; 2021 – 54/243 in 8 innings
- Joe Clarke: 176 runs at 29/196 in 8 innings
- Hazratullah Zazai: 581 runs at 31/201 in 25 innings
- Benny Howell: 12 wickets at 12/9 in 13 innings and 72 runs at 164 SR
- Ben Cutting: 8 wickets in 13 innings and 130 runs at 32/191 in 11 innings
- Mohammad Amir: 6 wickets in 11 innings
- Chirag Suri: 127 runs at 21/179 in 9 innings
- Rohan Mustafa: 7 wickets in 13 innings
Morrisville Samp Army – Fantasy Notes
- Ibrahim Zadran will not play in this tournament at least until the end of November as he has been selected in the Afghanistan squad for the upcoming ODI series against Sri Lanka. Although fellow Afghan, Karim Janat is in contention to play in the T10 league.
- Basil Hameed is likely to be the local UAE player in this team as he offers his off-spin bowling as well as his exploits with the bat in the lower middle order will be an added bonus to include him in the XI.
- We expect Moeen Ali to make his trip from Australia and play in this match. He has opened the batting in this format before and it is likely that he will continue doing that role for this team.
- Bas de Leede and Colin de Grandhomme have been added to the squad, and they can both play if reports from Cricinfo are to be understood that Chamika Karunaratne has been suspended from all forms of cricket for a year by the Sri Lankan Cricket Board.
- Pace – The team has four quality pacers – George Garton, Sheldon Cottrell, Anrich Nortje, and Dwaine Pretorius. Other pacers include Bas de Leede, Colin de Grandhomme, Chamika Karunaratne, Jacobus Pienaar, and Karim Janat.
- If Pretorius is not fit to play, we might see the Dutch Star Bas de Leede whose medium pace and variations will suit this format, creating opportunities for wickets.
- Spin – Basil Hameed and Moeen Ali are both off spin allrounders. They will play an important role against a left-hander-dominated Bangla Tigers. The team also has the option to use the services of left-arm spinner Ahmed Raza, in which case he will replace Basil in the XI.
Bangla Tigers – Fantasy Notes
- Shakib Al Hasan promoted power hitters Ben Cutting and Benny Howell in the last match ahead of him. This is likely to be the case throughout the tournament with 3 left-handers in the top 4 and therefore, Shakib might have to continue batting at Number 5 or 6.
- Umair Ali and Rohan Mustafa are UAE local players. We saw both included in the XI, in the last match and expect Umair Ali to be rotated once Mohammad Amir is cleared to play.
- Mustafa picked up 2 wickets in the second innings and that showed that spinners will also have an important role to play in the upcoming matches. The strategy of using spin worked as they got the better of the NY Strikers who relied on their pacers.
- Evin Lewis is suited to this format and generally does well in chases. Give him the c/vc preferably when he bats in the second innings.
- Pace – Benny Howell, Jake Ball, and Matheesha Pathirana; Spin – Shakib Al Hasan, Rohan Mustafa
WK: Johnson Charles
BAT: Evin Lewis, Colin Munro, Moeen Ali, David Miller
AR: Shakib Al Hasan, Dwaine Pretorius
BOWL: Anrich Nortje, Matheesha Pathirana, Benny Howell, George Garton
C/VC options: Moeen Ali, Evin Lewis
Differentials: George Garton, Hazratullah Zazai, Shimron Hetmyer
C/VC Differentials: Hazratullah Zazai, Anrich Nortje, Benny Howell, Johnson Charles
- WK – Prefer picking Johnson Charles over Joe Clarke, who has been in poor form for an extended period. Although you can still include him in a few combinations.
- BAT – Moeen Ali > Evin Lewis > Hazratullah Zazai > David Miller > Shimron Hetmyer > Colin Munro; Keep in mind the off-spin options that the Samp Army possesses and while it might not be as effective in this format, make sure to rotate between Lewis, Zazai, and Munro.
- AR – Shakib Al Hasan (bowl 2nd) > Dwaine Pretorius/Bas de Leede > Rohan Mustafa (v LHBs) > Ben Cutting (can be promoted) > Colin de Grandhomme
- BOWL – Anrich Nortje > > Benny Howell > Matheesha Pathirana > George Garton > Sheldon Cottrell > Jake Ball
Note: There will not be any Fantasy XI updates due to the quick turnaround time between the toss and the deadline. Use our tips to make your teams and if you have any suggestions, make sure to leave them in the comments.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo, Cricmetric