New York Strikers vs Bangla Tigers, 1st Match, Abu Dhabi T10 League 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
New York Strikers will take on the Bangla Tigers in the 1st Match of the Abu Dhabi T10 League 2022 and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
WK: Joe Clarke
BAT: Paul Stirling, Hazratullah Zazai, Waseem Muhammad, Evin Lewis
AR: Kieron Pollard, Romario Shepherd, Benny Howell
BOWL: Jake Ball, Wahab Riaz, Ravi Rampaul
C/VC: Hazratullah Zazai, Paul Stirling
Differentials: Azam Khan
C/VC Differentials: Romario Shepherd
Sheikh Zayed Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in T10 matches since 2018: 112
- Bat First vs Bowl First in T10 matches since 2018: Win batting first – 35, Win chasing – 53
- NYS-BT Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Paul Stirling(7)
- NYS-BT Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: None
- Wicket distribution in last 10 T10 matches: RAP – 44, LAP – 22, SLO – 5, OS – 2, WS – 17
- The ground dimensions at this venue are comparatively bigger than the rest of the UAE venues.
- The straight boundaries are relatively short at 65m while the square boundaries and midwicket boundary dimensions range from 75m to 80m.
- For this reason, bowlers will get a lot of opportunities to remain in the game as batters look to score runs quickly and a lot of catches can be expected close to the boundaries.
- As the season progresses and the pitch gets used frequently, expect spin to play some role. That said, pacers who can use their variations will play the dominant role in this format and at this venue.
Predicted Playing XI
New York Strikers: Paul Stirling, Andre Fletcher(wk), Muhammad Waseem, Eoin Morgan, Kieron Pollard(c), Romario Shepherd, Jordan Thompson, Akeal Hosein, Wahab Riaz, Kesrick Williams, Ravi Rampaul
Bench: Azam Khan, Izharulhaq Naveed, Tom Hartley, Nav Pabreja, Muhammad Farooq, Stuart Binny
Bangla Tigers: Evin Lewis, Hazratullah Zazai, Joe Clarke(wk), Colin Munro, Shakib Al Hasan(c), Benny Howell, Rohan Mustafa, Dan Christian, Ben Cutting, Matheesha Pathirana, Mohammad Amir
Bench: Nurul Hasan, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury, Chirag Suri, Umair Ali, Jake Ball, Lewis Gregory, Sreesanth
New York Strikers vs Bangla Tigers, AD10 1st Match Stat Box
New York Strikers:
T10 Records of players from NY Strikers in the past seasons since 2018
- Paul Stirling: 558 runs at 20/214 in 29 innings
- Andre Fletcher: 644 runs at 28/196 in 25 innings
- Eoin Morgan: 419 runs at 28/179 in 23 innings
- Kieron Pollard: 183 runs at 15/156 in 14 innings
- Romario Shepherd: 7 wickets and 142 runs at 36/200 in 9 innings
- Wahab Riaz: 19 wickets at 16/9.7 in 27 innings
- Ravi Rampaul: 11 wickets at 15/11.4 in 16 innings
- Azam Khan: 114 runs at 23/200 in 6 innings
- Tom Hartley: 4 wickets in 3 innings
T10 Records of players from Bangla Tigers in the past seasons since 2018
- Evin Lewis: 279 runs at 25/208 in 16 innings; 2021 – 54/243 in 8 innings
- Joe Clarke: 176 runs at 29/196 in 8 innings
- Hazratullah Zazai: 581 runs at 31/201 in 25 innings
- Benny Howell: 12 wickets at 12/9 in 13 innings and 72 runs at 164 SR
- Ben Cutting: 8 wickets in 13 innings and 130 runs at 32/191 in 11 innings
- Mohammad Amir: 6 wickets in 11 innings
- Chirag Suri: 127 runs at 21/179 in 9 innings
- Rohan Mustafa: 7 wickets in 13 innings
New York Strikers – Fantasy Notes
- Since it is mandatory to have at least one UAE player in the XI, the Strikers will pick one between Muhammad Waseem and Muhammad Farooq. Teams have generally used them as quota fillers but Waseem could be an exception due to being known as a hitter.
- Alternatively, Waseem can also make way for Azam Khan, and Farooq would then be employed as a quota filler. Although in that case, the Strikers do not have the luxury of a 6th bowler unless they plan to use him or bowl one of Stirling or Pollard.
- The batting order and the usage of the players will get clearer once the tournament progresses but focusing on top-order batters and all-rounders is a good place to start basing your team on.
- Ravi Rampaul has been ever present in the CPL and has played in this tournament before and his experience will be helpful to outfox the batters. He is a good pick particularly when he bowls first.
- Similarly, Wahab Riaz brings tons of experience to the team and has done excellently in this format.
- Bowling options: Left arm spin – Akeal Hosein, Tom Hartley, Wrist spin – Izharulhaq Naveed, Pace – Wahab Riaz, Ravi Rampaul, Romario Shepherd, Kerick Williams, Jordan Thompson, Kieron Pollard, Stuart Binny Off-Spin – Paul Stirling
- Players marked in bold are more or less guaranteed to play and bowl their quota of overs.
Bangla Tigers – Fantasy Notes
- The Bangla Tigers have a very left-hander dominated batting lineup. If Hazratullah Zazai is fit to play, he will open the batting and in that case, Joe Clarke will be pushed to Number 3 but they also have the option of playing Nurul Hasan as his backup in the lower order.
- Chirag Suri, Umair Ali, and Rohan Mustafa are UAE players who have played in the tournament previously where Suri and Umair were used at Numbers 4 to 6. Although R Mustafa also provides an off-spin option.
- Evin Lewis is suited to this format and generally does well in chases. Give him the c/vc preferably when he bats in the second innings.
- At the moment it is uncertain what their batting order will look like and if the team can afford to play Shakib lower down the order. It is likely that he will bat at 4 while Munro can play at 5, in the same role he played in The Hundred for Trent Rockets.
- Benny Howell is a must-have pick. He can also be promoted up the order if needed as a right-hander in a middle order with left-handers. He is also likely to be one of the bowlers to bowl one of the last 2 overs.
- Bowling options: Pace – Mohammad Amir, Mateesha Pathirana, Benny Howell, Jake Ball, Ben Cutting, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury, Dan Christian, Sreesanth, Off spin – Rohan Mustafa, Wrist spin – None, SLAO – Shakib Al Hasan
WK: Joe Clarke
BAT: Paul Stirling, Hazratullah Zazai, Andre Fletcher, Evin Lewis
AR: Shakib Al Hasan, Romario Shepherd, Benny Howell
BOWL: Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Ravi Rampaul
C/VC: Hazratullah Zazai, Benny Howell
Differentials: To be updated
C/VC Differentials: To be updated
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo, Cricmetric
- This is a highly volatile format and therefore invest accordingly.
- WK: Joe Clarke stands out as the best option as he is more or less guaranteed to play while Azam Khan will come into consideration if he bats in the top 4. Nurul Hasan bats too low to make a consistent impact.
- BAT: We will keep it simple and go with the 4 openers, who also have experience playing in this format.
- BAT Preference order – Hazratullah Zazai > Paul Stirling > Evin Lewis (bat 2nd) > Andre Fletcher > Colin Munro > Eoin Morgan > Waseem Muhammad > Chirag Suri
- AR: Benny Howell and Romario Shepherd are sorts of must-have picks while it will not be worth risking against a highly selected Shakib.
- BOWL – We will back the 3 pacers for the first match. As the tournament progresses, we will consider spinners like Akeal Hosein.