Deccan Gladiators vs Team Abu Dhabi, 2nd Match, Abu Dhabi T10 League 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Deccan Gladiators will take on Team Abu Dhabi in the 2nd Match of the Abu Dhabi T10 League 2022 and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
Sheikh Zayed Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in T10 matches since 2018: 112
- Bat First vs Bowl First in T10 matches since 2018: Win batting first – 35, Win chasing – 53
- DG-TAD Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Tom Kohler-Cadmore(1), Phil Salt(3), Andre Russell(9),
- DG-TAD Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Naveen-ul-Haq(6), Andre Russell(7), Jamie Overton(8), Sultan Ahmed(9)
- Wicket distribution in the last 10 T10 matches: RAP – 44, LAP – 22, SLO – 5, OS – 2, WS – 17
- The ground dimensions at this venue are comparatively bigger than the rest of the UAE venues.
- The straight boundaries are relatively short at 65m while the square boundaries and midwicket boundary dimensions range from 75m to 80m.
- For this reason, bowlers will get a lot of opportunities to remain in the game as batters look to score runs quickly and a lot of catches can be expected close to the boundaries.
- As the season progresses and the pitch gets used frequently, expect spin to play some role. That said, pacers who can use their variations will play the dominant role in this format and at this venue.
Predicted Playing XI
Deccan Gladiators: Tom Kohler Cadmore, Will Smeed, Suresh Raina, Nicholas Pooran(wk), Andre Russell, Odean Smith, David Wiese, Sultan Ahmed, Josh Little, Tabraiz Shamsi, Taskin Ahmed
Bench: Zahir Khan, Zahoor Khan (UAE), Curtis Campher, Luke Wood, Adeel Malik, Jason Roy, Tom Helm
Team Abu Dhabi: Chris Lynn, Alex Hales, Brandon King, Fabian Allen, Jamie Overton, Amad Butt, Tymal Mills, Mustafizur Rahman, Andrew Tye, Peter Hatzoglu, David Payne
Bench: Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, James Vince, Darwish Rasooli, Alishan Sharafu, Abid Ali, Ethan D’Souza
Deccan Gladiators vs Team Abu Dhabi, AD10 2nd Match Stat Box
T10 Records of players from Deccan Gladiators in the past seasons since 2018
- Nicholas Pooran: 642 runs at 28/244 in 21 innings
- Tom Kohler-Cadmore: 541 runs at 30/200 in 22 innings
- Andre Russell: 23 wickets at 11 SR and 538 runs at 38/213 in 24 innings
- Odean Smith: 11 wickets at 9/11.8 in 11 inns and 140 runs at 47/286 in 7 innings
- David Wiese: 8 wickets in 11 inns and 188 runs at 47/221 in 12 innings
- Sultan Ahmed: 15 wickets in 24 innings
- Josh Little: 7 wickets at 12/11.9 in 8 innings
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman: 11 wickets at 19.6 SR in 18 innings
- Jason Roy: 215 runs at 54/209 in 5 innings
- Zahir Khan: 12 wickets in 10 innings
- Curtis Campher: 7 wickets in 8 innings
Team Abu Dhabi:
T10 Records of players from Team Abu Dhabi in the past seasons since 2018
- Chris Lynn: 371 runs at 52/236 in 8 innings
- Phil Salt: 559 runs at 27/208 in 25 innings
- Brandon King: 69 runs at 14/172 in 5 innings
- Fabian Allen: 14 wickets at 16.7/9.1 in 10 innings and 76 runs at 162 SR
- Jamie Overton: 15 wickets at 12.2 SR and 169 runs at 21/192 in 20 innings
- Tymal Mills: 14 wickets at 9.4/9.5 in 11 innings
- Adil Rashid: 11 wickets at 12.8 SR in 15 innings
- Naveen-ul-Haq: 17 wickets in 16 innings
Deccan Gladiators – Fantasy Notes
- The Deccan Gladiators have done well to nail their UAE quota pick in Sultan Ahmed. Although he is not guaranteed to bowl his left-arm spin in every match as there are more than 5 other bowling options in the team.
- There are no official reports about the availability of players involved in international duty but realistically we expect Jason Roy and Luke Wood to miss the first match as they will have to travel from Australia.
- Tom Kohler-Cadmore has been used as an opener by the Gladiators and he is likely to continue in that role after a successful season last year. He has done slightly better batting first in T10 so consider that when making him your team’s c/vc.
- It will be interesting how the team uses the attacking potential of Will Smeed. In the 2 matches he played in the T10, he batted at Number 5 while his best position is as an opener.
- Nicholas Pooran is also a potential option for the opening spot but considering his recent form, he is likely to bat in the middle order with Raina at Number 3 and Russell at 4 or 5.
- They have the luxury of having two in-form stars from the World Cup – Josh Little and Taskin Ahmed to start the proceedings with the ball. Tom Helm has also been included in the squad, most likely as a backup for Luke Wood.
Team Abu Dhabi – Fantasy Notes
- These players are likely to miss the first match as they were involved in the ODI series in Australia – Phil Salt, James Vince, and Adil Rashid.
- Alex Hales has been added to the squad and is likely to open the batting in the absence of Phil Salt, alongside Chris Lynn. The two hard-hitting batters will look to give a strong start for the Abu Dhabi franchise.
- Fabian Allen and Jamie Overton have had remarkable success in the previous T10 seasons. They provide an all-round value as all lower-order hitters in addition to their bowling.
- Peter Hatzolglu is a like-to-like replacement for Adil Rashid in the likelihood that the English spinner is unavailable for the match.
- Andrew Tye is an excellent option to consider in your teams particularly if he bowls first as his variations will create opportunities for wickets at this venue with longer boundaries.
- Similarly, Naveen-ul-Haq is a very reliable bowler for your fantasy teams in both innings of the match.
WK: Tom Kohler-Cadmore
BAT: Alex Hale, Chris Lynn, Suresh Raina
AR: Andre Russell, David Wiese, Finn Allen
BOWL: Taskin Ahmed, Naveen-ul-Haq, Odean Smith, Andrew Tye
C/VC: Andre Russell, Alex Hales, Chris Lynn
Differentials: To be updated
C/VC Differentials: Tom Kohler-Cadmore (2.5%)
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
- As this is a very volatile format with uncertainties. For that reason, please consider making your investments accordingly..
- WK – If Phil Salt remains unavailable, we will still have two options in this section. We have picked Kohler-Cadmore over Nicholas Pooran based on recent form. In case Pooran opens the batting, we will consider him to be a more attractive option.
- BAT – Alex Hales and Chris Lynn are must-have picks in this format and there should be no doubt in that. For the third slot, we have picked Suresh Raina and depending on the news before the match, we might consider making changes.
- AR – Russell is a popular captaincy choice while Wiese will be a handy all-around pacer to have along with his big-hitting potential. Fabian Allen covers the batting for the Abu Dhabi team.
- BOWL – Plenty of options; Naveen-ul-Haq is an automatic choice while we have gone with Taskin Ahmed based on recent form. To keep a balance of players from both teams, we have picked Andrew Tye for now. Changes will be made depending on the outcome of the toss.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric