Pakistan vs South Africa, 36th Match, T20 WC 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Pakistan will take on South Africa in the 36th Match of the 2022 T20 World Cup and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
WK: Quinton de Kock, Mohammad Rizwan
BAT: Rilee Rossouw, Babar Azam, Shan Masood
AR: Shadab Khan, Aiden Markram
BOWL: Anrich Nortje, Haris Rauf, Lungi Ngidi, Kagiso Rabada
C/VC: Quinton de Kock, Anrich Nortje
Differentials: Mohammad Nawaz (18%), Shaheen Afridi (36%)
C/VC Differentials: Babar Azam (4.6%), Lungi Ngidi
Sydney Cricket Ground – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 153
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 15; Win chasing – 13
- PAK-SA Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: None
- PAK-SA Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: None
- Wickets distribution by bowl type in last 12 T20s: RAP – 84, LAP – 28, SLO – 17, OS – 6, WS – 20
- The Pacers have taken a higher percentage of the wickets considerably at this venue while the spinners have been economical.
- This venue has large straight boundaries while the square boundaries are smaller.
- Batters who can play spin and variations better are likely to do well on this pitch.
Predicted Playing XI
Pakistan: Mohammad Rizwan(wk), Babar Azam(c), Fakhar Zaman, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Nawaz, Naseem Shah, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(wk), Temba Bavuma(c), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
Pakistan vs South Africa, T20 WC’22, 36th Match Stat Box
Head to Head numbers in Pakistan vs South Africa matches
- Babar Azam vs South Africa: 410 runs at 41/148 in 10 innings
- Mohammad Rizwan vs South Africa: 373 runs at 62/143 in 10 innings
- Fakhar Zaman vs South Africa: 130 runs at 26/155 in 6 innings
- Shadab Khan vs South Africa: 2 wickets and 29 runs in 3 innings
- Mohammad Nawaz vs South Africa: 8 wickets in 7 innings
- Haris Rauf vs South Africa: 5 wickets in 5 innings
- Shaheen Afridi vs South Africa: 7 wickets in 9 innings
Head to Head numbers in South Africa vs Pakistan matches
- Quinton de Kock vs Pakistan: 306 runs at 51/140 in 8 innings
- Temba Bavuma vs Pakistan: 150 runs at 17/94 in 10 innings
- Aiden Markram vs Pakistan: 110 runs at 37/131 in 3 innings
- David Miller vs Pakistan: 336 runs at 48/163 in 12 innings
- Anrich Nortje vs Pakistan: 6 wickets in 8 innings
- Kagiso Rabada vs Pakistan: 7 wickets in 10 innings
- Keshav Maharaj vs Pakistan: 8 wickets in 9 innings
- Lungi Ngidi vs Pakistan: 10 wickets in 5 innings
Bowling-type matchups to consider when picking players from South Africa
- Quinton de Kock vs L-Pace in PP: 17 outs at 24/125 in 70 innings
- Rilee Rossouw vs L-Pace in PP in 2022: 5 outs at 20/128 in 18 innings
- Temba Bavuma vs R-Pace in PP: 10 outs at 17/103 in 29 innings
- Aiden Markram vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 7 outs at 14/120 in 17 innings
- Quinton de Kock vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 15 outs at 17/123 in 44 innings
- Rilee Rossouw vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 10 outs at 27/113 in 45 innings
Pakistan – Fantasy Notes
- Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam have a good record against South Africa. Although, it should be remembered that it is also inflated as they did not face the full-strength bowling unit of the Proteas last time. This time around they will be tested against express pace, especially Babar who has struggled against this bowling type recently.
- Babar Azam’s recent form will be a cause of concern in the Pakistan camp but a player of his quality should be backed to come good in a crucial match that could keep their qualification hopes alive.
- Prefer picking pacers when they bowl first, especially the ones like Haris Rauf and Wasim who also bowl at the death. That said, do not ignore spinners who have also had success in the tournament at this venue.
South Africa – Fantasy Notes
- Despite the temptation to bring in Tabraiz Shamsi on a Sydney pitch that provides a little assistance to spin, South Africa is likely to stick with Lungi Ngidi because of his record against Pakistan.
- Aiden Markram struggles against left-arm orthodox spin and his matchup against Mohammad Nawaz, who has dismissed him in the past, will be one to watch out for in this match.
- All the 3 left-handers in the top 5 – de Kock, Rossouw, and Miller are good players of in-spin, which counters both the spin bowling types that Pakistan is likely to use. That said, Pakistan’s quicker bowlers will be key against Miller in the middle overs as he does not score quickly against express pace.
- Keep Lungi Ngidi in your teams. He has a good record against Pakistan and his variations will also create opportunities for him to get wickets at this venue.
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric