Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka, 32nd Match, T20 WC 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Afghanistan will take on Sri Lanka in the 32nd Match of the 2022 T20 World Cup and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
WK: Kusal Mendis, Rahmanullah Gurbaz
BAT: Ibrahim Zadran, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Pathum Nissanka
AR: Wanindu Hasaranga, Dhananjaya de Silva, Mohammad Nabi
BOWL: Maheesh Theekshana, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
C/VC: Wanindu Hasaranga, Rashid Khan
Differentials: Fazalhaq Farooqi (47%), Usman Ghani (18%)
C/VC Differentials: Rahmanullah Gurbaz (3.5%), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (2%)
- Teams batting first have won the previous 3 matches at this venue, so that is in Afghanistan’s favour today.
- Mujeeb is a slightly better option bowling 1st but he could be tried as a c/vc too given his familiarity with Brisbane pitches.
- Overall, a default team but a risk could be taken by dropping Kusal Mendis and picking one of the pacers especially Fazalhaq Farooqi who will also be a threat against Mendis as a left-arm pacer. That is a very high risk as Mendis has been in good form recently.
Brisbane Cricket Ground – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 158
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 14; Win chasing – 13
- AFG-SL Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: None
- AFG-SL Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: None
- Wickets distribution by bowl type in last 16 T20s: RAP – 103, LAP – 22, SLO – 8, OS – 22, WS – 40
- This pitch offers plenty of assistance for the pacers in the initial overs and will get more opportunities to pick up wickets early on.
- In the case of spinners, wrist spinners have been the most effective compared to the other bowling types.
- This venue is also one of the smallest in Australia and is also a place where batters can score plenty of runs after the initial overs.
Predicted Playing XI
Afghanistan: Rahmanullah Gurbaz(wk), Hazratullah Zazai, Ibrahim Zadran, Usman Ghani, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi(c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fareed Ahmad, Fazalhaq Farooqi
Sri Lanka: Kusal Mendis(wk), Pathum Nissanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha
Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka, T20 WC 2022 32nd Match Stat Box
Players in Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka matches
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz vs Sri Lanka: 124 runs at 197 SR in 2 innings
- Hazratullah Zazai vs Sri Lanka: 50 runs at 114 SR in 2 innings
- Mohammad Nabi vs Sri Lanka: 4 wickets in 3 innings
- Rashid Khan vs Sri Lanka: 2 wickets in 3 innings
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman vs Sri Lanka: 4 wickets in 2 innings
- Fazalhaq Farooqi vs Sri Lanka: 3 wickets in 2 innings
Matchups to consider when picking players from Afghanistan
- Hazratullah Zazai vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 7 outs at 13/107 in 13 innings
- Najibullah Zadran vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 9 outs at 13/101 in 31 innings
Players in Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan matches
- Kusal Mendis vs Afghanistan: 38 runs at 165 SR in 2 innings
- Pathum Nissanka vs Afghanistan: 38 runs in 2 innings
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa vs Afghanistan: 69 runs at 160 SR in 2 innings
Afghanistan – Fantasy Notes
- Hazratullah Zazai struggles to score quickly against both off-spin and wrist-spin. He could succumb to the pressure created by both Theekshana and Hasaranga in this match.
- Fazalhaq Farooqi and Fareed Ahmad are good differentials for this match as this pitch suits pace bowling and could pick a few wickets bowling both in the powerplay and at the death.
- Pick Usman Ghani as a differential in your team. While he is traditionally an opener, his numbers against spin and quick pace are slightly better than the rest of the batters in the team.
Sri Lanka – Fantasy Notes
- Pick Chamika Karunaratne as a differential in your teams as he is likely to bowl most of his overs and also bat in the lower order.
- Kasun Rajitha and Lahiru Kumara are good differentials from Sri Lanka especially when they bowl first.
- Charith Asalanka struggles against wrist spin and will also have to deal with Mujeeb’s off-spin. A safer alternative for him is Bhanuka Rajapaksa who looked in fine touch in the previous game and is due for some runs in this tournament.
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric