India vs South Africa, 30th Match, T20 WC 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
India will take on South Africa in the 30th Match of the 2022 T20 World Cup and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
WK: Quinton de Kock
BAT: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Rilee Rossouw, Suryakumar Yadav
AR: Hardik Pandya, Aiden Markram
BOWL: Anrich Nortje, Mohammad Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Kagiso Rabada
C/VC: Hardik Pandya, Quinton de Kock, Virat Kohli
Differentials: Lungi Ngidi (14%), David Miller (50%), KL Rahul (39%)
C/VC Differentials: KL Rahul (6.6%), Anrich Nortje (2.2%)
Perth Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 186
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 17; Win chasing – 18
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: None
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: None
- Wickets distribution by bowl type in last 14 T20s: RAP – 90, LAP – 24, SLO – 5, OS – 11, WS – 26
- This venue offers assistance to the pacers in the powerplay with good pace and bounces off the pitch. It is also clearly noticeable that the quicks dominate here.
- The batters will especially find it tricky in the powerplay but once settled at the crease, they are capable of scoring plenty of runs.
- The straighter boundaries are shorter while the square and mid-wicket boundaries are longer here.
Predicted Playing XI
India: Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik(wk), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami, Arshdeep Singh
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(wk), Temba Bavuma(c), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi/Marco Jansen, Anrich Nortje
India vs South Africa, T20 WC 2022 30th Match Stat Box
Players from the current Indian team have not played any T20s at Perth but their ODI records could be used as a secondary reference of how they could perform at this venue.
- Rohit Sharma at Perth in ODIs: 245 runs at 122 avg and 171 HS in 4 innings
- Virat Kohli at Perth in ODIs: 242 runs at 60 avg in 5 innings
- Ravichandran Ashwin at Perth in ODIs: 10 wickets in 4 innings
Indian players and their records of playing T20Is in Australia since 2016
- Rohit Sharma in Australia: 230 runs at 33/131 in 7 innings
- Virat Kohli in Australia: 542 runs at 108/149 in 10 inning
- KL Rahul in Australia: 121 runs at 17/104 in 7 innings
- Hardik Pandya in Australia: 6 wickets and 118 runs at 39/136 in 4 innings
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar in Australia: 5 wickets in 5 innings
- Ravichandran Ashwin in Australia: 6 wickets in 5 innings
Players record in India vs South Africa matches since 2018.
- Rohit Sharma vs South Africa: 96 runs at 12/121 in 8 innings
- KL Rahul vs South Africa: 108 runs in 2 innings
- Virat Kohli vs South Africa: 160 runs at 40/124 in 6 innings
- Suryakumar Yadav vs South Africa: 119 runs at 193 SR in 3 innings
- Hardik Pandya vs South Africa: 5 wickets and 165 runs at 41/140 in 7 innings
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar vs South Africa: 13 wickets at 11.5/6 in 7 innings
Bowling-type matchups to consider when picking players from India.
- KL Rahul vs L-Pace in PP: 5 outs at 86/112 in 65 innings
- Rohit Sharma vs L-Pace in PP: 12 outs at 29/108 in 61 innings
- Virat Kohli vs L-Pace in PP: 8 outs at 31/110 in 48 innings
- Suryakumar Yadav vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 7 outs at 37/116 in 37 innings
Records in Australia since 2016 –
- Quinton de Kock in Australia: 132 runs at 66/183 in 3 innings
- Rilee Rossouw in Australia: 214 runs at 36/165 in 8 innings
- David Miller in Australia: Good record in ODIs; averages over 90 in 3 innings
Players record in South Africa vs India matches since 2018.
- Quinton de Kock vs India: 305 runs at 61/142 in 7 innings
- Temba Bavuma vs India: 140 runs at 17/97 in 9 innings
- Rilee Rossouw vs India: 100 runs at 50/196 in 3 innings
- David Miller vs India: 277 runs at 40/173 in 11 innings
- Kagiso Rabada vs India: 7 wickets in 9 innings
- Anrich Nortje vs India: 5 wickets in 7 innings
- Lungi Ngidi vs India: 6 wickets in 4 innings
Bowling-type matchups to consider when picking players from South Africa.
- Quinton de Kock vs Off-spin in Overs 7-20: 15 outs at 17.5/123 in 44 innings
- Rilee Rossouw vs Off-spin in Overs 7-20: 10 outs at 27/113 in 45 innings
- Aiden Markram vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 7 outs at 14/120 in 17 innings
- Temba Bavuma vs R-Pace in PP: 9 outs at 19/92 in 28 innings
- Rilee Rossouw vs R-Pace in PP: 26 outs at 22/153 in 67 innings
- Quinton de Kock vs L-Pace in PP: 16 outs at 26/125 in 69 innings
India – Fantasy Notes
- The Indian top 3 batters struggle to score quickly against left-arm pace in the initial overs. South Africa could bring in Marco Jansen to attack and put pressure on them along with Wayne Parnell in the powerplay.
- Rohit Sharma has a decent record in Australia but he has not done well against South Africa since 2018. While this does not mean he will not perform in this match, but it is one basis to pick 3 of the other Indian top 4 Indian batters.
- Due to the lack of left-handers in the Indian middle order, Axar Patel is likely to be promoted to counter the left-arm spin of Keshav Maharaj, which is a bowling type the Indian batters struggle to score quickly against. This makes Axar a pick you should not ignore, especially in Grand leagues despite the chance of his overs getting cut because of the number of left-handers in the Proteas lineup.
South Africa – Fantasy Notes
- One change that South Africa will definitely look to make is to bring in a pacer like Lungi Ngidi or Marco Jansen, in place of Tabraiz Shamsi – who does not have a great record against India and the Perth pitch is also much more suited for pace than spin.
- Pick David Miller in your teams especially if South Africa is batting first. He has a good record against India and despite being a left-hander, he has done well against off-spin than the average left-hander. Currently, he is selected in just 44% of the teams.
- While Rilee Rossouw has a good record against left-arm pace since 2018 in domestic T20s, he has not done well against this bowling type since his return to international cricket. He was dismissed by Arshdeep Singh twice for a duck in the recent bilateral series.
- If Lungi Ngidi plays, pick him as a differential in your team particularly if South Africa bowls first as he will bowl at the death overs and will get an opportunity to pick up wickets.
WK: Quinton de Kock
BAT: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, David Miller, Rilee Rossouw, Suryakumar Yadav
AR: Hardik Pandya
BOWL: Anrich Nortje, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Kagiso Rabada
C/VC: Virat Kohli, Quinton de Kock, Hardik Pandya
Differentials: Lungi Ngidi (14%), Aiden Markram (53%), KL Rahul (39%)
C/VC Differentials: KL Rahul (6.6%), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (1.8%), David Miller (2%)
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric