South Africa vs Zimbabwe, 18th Match, T20 WC 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
South Africa will take on Zimbabwe in the 18th Match of the 2022 T20 World Cup and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
Final Fantasy Team
WKs: Quinton de Kock
Batters: Ryan Burl, Rilee Rossouw, Temba Bavuma
All-Rounders: Sikandar Raza, Sean Williams, Wayne Parnell, Wesley Madhevere
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
C/VC picks: Sikandar Raza, Wayne Parnell
Key selections made: Wayne Parnell (37%), Temba Bavuma (13%), Wesley Madhevere (15%), Lungi Ngidi (23%), Parnell VC (4%)
Alternative: You can take Blessing Muzarabani instead of Wesley Madhevere to be safe.
Bellerive Oval, Hobart – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 166
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 19; Win chasing – 15
- Wickets distribution by bowling type since 2018: RAP – 154, LAP – 63, SLO – 25, OS – 33, WS – 49
- Pacers at Hobart in T20s since 2018: 238 wickets, 23.3 average, 8.37 ER
- Spinners at Hobart in T20s since 2018: 99 wickets, 32.6 average, 7.9 ER
As is the case with most grounds in Australia, pace bowlers have an advantage here. Although the pitch can remain slow as the first game of the day is also at the same venue. The ground is slightly uneven in terms of shape and boundary sizes. It is expected to be a good batting surface.
Predicted Playing XI
South Africa: Temba Bavuma(c), Quinton de Kock(wk), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
Zimbabwe: Craig Ervine, Regis Chakabva(wk), Wesley Madhevere, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Richard Ngarava, Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani
South Africa vs Zimbabwe, T20 WC 2022 18th Match Stat Box
South Africa (all T20s):
- David Miller with the bat in 2022: 46 innings, 1200 runs, 50 average, 150 SR
- Temba Bavuma in T20Is: 27 innings, 565 runs, 22.6 average, 116.4 SR
- Kagiso Rabada with the ball in the death overs: 90 wickets, 15.3 average, 9.2 ER
- Anrich Nortje with the ball in the death overs: 36 wickets, 16.7 average, 8.1 ER
- Quinton de Kock while opening in T20Is in 2022: 10 innings, 205 runs, 22.7 average, 126.5 SR
- Wayne Parnell with the ball in the powerplay: 52 wickets, 29.1 average, 8.1 ER
- Sikandar Raza with the bat in 2022: 739 runs, 35 avg, 147 SR, 6x50s
- Craig Ervine with the bat since 2018: 1397 runs, 33 avg, 131 SR, 11x50s and 1×100
- Blessing Muzarabani since 2018: 49 wickets, 26.1 average, 7.9 ER
- Wellington Masakadza in the middle overs since 2018: 28 wickets, 26.6 average, 7 ER
- Sean Williams with the bat since 2018: 976 runs, 25 average, 133 SR, 7x50s
- Luke Jongwe in death overs: 23 wickets, 21 average, 9.5 ER
- Sikandar Raza vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 9 outs at 12/76 in 26 innings
- Regis Chakabva recent form: 4, 13, 0, 20, 16, 37, 10, 31, 16, 2, 35
South Africa – Fantasy Notes
- David Miller is in unstoppable form since the last year, and oppositions have found it tough to get him out. If South Africa bats first, he can be an excellent differential choice for captaincy or vice captaincy.
- If South Africa bowls first – load up most of their bowling options. The three pacers – Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi are almost default choices.
- We suggest you to pick Keshav Maharaj as well, as he often goes undernoticed but can pick a couple of wickets as well.
Zimbabwe – Fantasy Notes
- It is not even up to discussion on who your fantasy captain should be. Sikandar Raza is in the form of his life, winning man of the match award in both the Zimbabwe’s wins in this WC so far. The one match they lost, he took 3/19. Fantasy captain – Sikandar Raza!
- Blessing Muzarabani has returned well from his injury, and looks in good flow. Back him to take a couple of wickets as Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma both are going through somewhat a lean patch.
- Wesley Madhevere can be an interesting pick for this game as he might come and bowl a couple overs along with Sikandar Raza as there are plenty of left handers in South Africa’s batting lineup. Even without that, he bats at No.3 and has enough potential to provide decent amount of fantasy points.
Stat Credits: EspnCricinfo