Bangladesh vs Netherlands, 17th Match, T20 WC 2022 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Bangladesh will take on the Netherlands in the 17th Match of the 2022 T20 World Cup and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
The Netherlands managed to qualify for the Super 12s after Namibia’s loss to the UAE in the final Group match. They will face a Bangladesh team who are at their weakest, having won just six of their last 25 T20 matches and this is a big opportunity that the Dutch will look to take advantage of in this match.
WK: Litton Das
BAT: Max O’Dowd, Afif Hossain, Najmul Hossain Shanto
AR: Bas de Leede, Shakib Al Hasan, Colin Ackermann
BOWL: Paul van Meekeren, Taskin Ahmed, Fred Klaassen, Mustafizur Rahman
C/VC: Bas de Leede, Shakib Al Hasan
Differentials: Hasan Mahmud (12%), Soumya Sarkar (14%), Logan van Beek (10%)
C/VC Differentials: Max O’Dowd (4%), Paul van Meekeren (0.6%)
Bellerive Oval, Hobart – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 166
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 19; Win chasing – 15
- SL-IRE Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: None
- SL-IRE Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: None
- Wickets distribution by bowling type since 2018: RAP – 154, LAP – 63, SLO – 25, OS – 33, WS – 49
- It is clear to see that the pacers have dominated at this venue. In the case of spinners, they will play a key role if the pitch remains slow as it did on the previous matchday due to the continuous use of this pitch for Group B matches. The best spin bowling type at the venue is wrist spin.
- The average first innings score at this venue over the last few years shows that it is a good batting surface but the last few matches have seen a drop in the number of runs scored.
- One end of the ground is short and that will be an area where the batters will look to target.
Predicted Playing XI
Bangladesh: Najmul Hossain Shanto, Soumya Sarkar, Litton Das, Shakib Al Hasan(c), Afif Hossain, Nurul Hasan(wk), Mosaddek Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman/Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud
Netherlands: Vikramjit Singh, Max O’Dowd, Bas de Leede, Colin Ackermann, Tom Cooper, Scott Edwards(c+wk), Roelof van der Merwe, Tim Pringle, Timm van der Gugten, Fred Klaassen, Paul van Meekeren
Bangladesh vs Netherlands, T20 WC’22, 17th Match Stat Box
Performances of Bangladesh players since the T20 World Cup 2021
- Shakib Al Hasan since T20 WC 2021: 29 wickets and 683 runs at 34/140 in 27 innings
- Litton Das since T20 WC 2021: 626 runs at 26/137 in 23 innings
- Soumya Sarkar since T20 WC 2021: 191 runs at 21/111 in 11 innings
- Mustafizur Rahman since T20 WC 2021: 38 wickets at 19/7.5 in 32 innings
- Hasan Mahmud since T20 WC 2021: 7 wickets in 5 innings
- Taskin Ahmed since T20 WC 2021: 12 wickets in 15 innings
- Najmul Hossain Shanto since T20 WC 2021: 368 runs at 21/97 in 19 innings
- Shoriful Islam since T20 WC 2021: 25 wickets in 24 innings
Since 2018, only Tom Cooper has had any major experience playing in Australia apart from the first-round matches at Geelong.
- Tom Cooper in Australia: 797 runs at 24/124 in 45 innings
- Paul van Meekeren bowl 1st vs 2nd: Bowl 1st – 24w in 28 inns; Bowl 2nd – 34w in 25 inns
- Timm van der Gugten bowl 1st vs 2nd: Bowl 1st – 37w in 26 inns; Bowl 2nd – 20w in 24 inns
Bangladesh – Fantasy Notes
- It is not clear which opening combination Bangladesh is going to use in this match. As reported on Cricbuzz, the team’s consultant did not give us any clear idea either but said it will be dependent on the matchups.
- Mustafizur Rahman was dropped to the bench in the New Zealand Tri-series but he featured in the warm-up matches for Bangladesh. If he does not play, Shoriful Islam will take his place in the XI.
- The Bangladesh batters have a major weakness against high pace and will be facing a Netherlands team with three frontline pacers. Lock Litton Das and Shakib Al Hasan on your teams – they are more reliable compared to the rest of the players in the squad.
- If Bangladesh pushes Mehidy Hasan back to the opening spot, pick him. He could be handy with both the bat and the ball.
- Bangladesh batters struggle to score quickly against both off-spin and left-arm spin, make sure to try different combinations with Tim Pringle, Colin Ackermann, and Roelof van der Merwe in Grand Leagues.
Netherlands – Fantasy Notes
- Bas de Leede remains a strong captaincy choice especially when the Netherlands bowl first as he will bowl at the death as well as bat in the top 3.
- There are no clear reports about Roelof van der Merwe’s injury and availability status for this match. He was seen struggling on the field in the last match and if he does not play, the Netherlands could replace him with Logan van Beek or Shariz Ahmad in the XI.
- Pick Colin Ackermann as a differential in your team! He is selected in just 9% of the teams and his off-spin will be used against a Bangladesh team with plenty of left-handers. He will also bat in the top 5. We will continue to back him as we did in the previous matches for this reason, despite his non-contribution so far.
- Timm van der Gugten has been bowling at the death and as we mentioned in the last preview, going by the numbers we will prefer to pick van der Gugten if he bowls first and van Meekeren if he bowls second. In this match though, there is a case to load up on the Dutch pacers in Grand Leagues.
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric