New Zealand vs Pakistan, Final Match – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
New Zealand will take on Pakistan in the Final Match of the New Zealand T20 Tri-series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
The two teams have got the better of each other once in this series and interestingly, all five of their previous encounters have been won by the chasing team. Both teams will look to finish the series on a high before they head to Australia for the T20 World Cup.
WK: Devon Conway, Mohammad Rizwan, Finn Allen
BAT: Babar Azam, Glenn Phillips, Shan Masood
AR: Shadab Khan
BOWL: Tim Southee, Mohammad Wasim, Haris Rauf, Trent Boult
C/VC: Mohammad Rizwan, Devon Conway
Differentials: Shan Masood (19%)
C/VC Differentials: Haris Rauf (1.2%)
Hagley Oval – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 164
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 13; Win chasing – 16
- NZ-PAK Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Devon Conway(3), Finn Allen(8), Glenn Phillips(10)
- NZ-PAK Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Blair Tickner(6), Michael Bracewell(9), Mitchell Santner(9), Tim Southee(9), Trent Boult(10)
- Wickets distribution by bowling type in this Tri-series: RAP – 35, LAP – 5, SLO – 8, OFF – 7, LEG – 5
- Since this is the final, a pitch with a good surface for batting is expected.
- Pacers have found assistance in the initial overs and spinners have played a role in either creating pressure in the middle overs or taking advantage of the relatively larger mid-wicket boundaries, to pick up wickets.
- The team that wins the toss would ideally bowl first at a venue that has favoured the chasing team.
Predicted Playing XI
New Zealand: Finn Allen, Devon Conway(wk), Kane Williamson(c)/Martin Guptill, Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Michael Bracewell, James Neesham, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult, Adam Milne
Pakistan: Mohammad Rizwan(wk), Babar Azam(c), Shan Masood, Haider Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim, Haris Rauf, Shahnawaz Dahani
New Zealand vs Pakistan, Final Match Stat Box
New Zealand: (all T20s since 2018)
- Michael Bracewell at Hagley Oval: 9 wickets and 139 runs at 46/114 in 6 innings
- Devon Conway at Hagley Oval: 335 runs at 56/131 in 9 innings
- Finn Allen at Hagley Oval: 207 runs at 34/156 in 6 innings
- Mark Chapman at Hagley Oval: 161 runs at 54/156 in 4 innings
- Glenn Phillips at Hagley Oval: 194 runs at 32/156 in 7 innings
- Blair Tickner at Hagley Oval: 12 wickets at 11.5/7.2 in 6 innings
- Mitchell Santner at Hagley Oval: 9 wickets at 15.6/7.4 in 6 innings
- Trent Boult at Hagley Oval: 7 wickets at 13/7.0 in 5 innings
- Tim Southee at Hagley Oval: 9 wickets at 17/7.7 in 7 innings
- Martin Guptill vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 5 outs at 27/107 in 26 innings
- Finn Allen vs Wrist-spin in Overs 7-20: 2 outs at 41/150 in 7 innings
- Finn Allen vs R-Pace in PP: 25 outs at 33/180 in 56 innings
- James Neesham in Death Overs 17-20: 718 runs at 186 SR in 53 inning
- Tim Southee vs Pakistan: 14 wickets at 17/6.6 in 10 innings
Pakistan: (all T20s since 2018)
- Babar Azam vs New Zealand: 344 runs at 49/122 in 9 innings
- Haris Rauf vs New Zealand: 12 wickets at 10/8.3 in 5 innings
- Mohammad Rizwan vs New Zealand: 181 runs at 30/114 in 7 innings
- Shadab Khan vs New Zealand: 10 wickets in 12 innings
- Babar Azam at Hagley Oval: 177 runs at 59/125 in 4 innings
- Mohammad Rizwan at Hagley Oval: 167 runs at 56/124 in 4 innings
- Mohammad Wasim at Hagley Oval: 7 wickets in 4 innings
- Shan Masood vs R-Pace in PP: 6 outs and 450 runs at 90/135 in 37 innings
- Shadab Khan vs Wrist-spin in Overs 7-20: 10 outs at 23/170 in 31 innings
New Zealand – Fantasy Notes
- The fantasy team for this match is almost as default as it gets, but a few bold changes could win you the contests.
- Our suggested 6 must-have picks for this match are – Mohammad Rizwan, Devon Conway, Babar Azam, Glenn Phillips, Shadab Khan, Tim Southee and Mohammad Wasim. This is after taking into consideration both the selection % and their performance in the Tri-series so far. The remaining 4 picks will be influenced by the toss.
- Since atleast 3 batters needs to be picked in the BAT section, we suggest you pick whoever plays between Guptill and Williamson, while keeping Masood as a differential.
- Finn Allen has similar struggles to left-arm spin like Martin Guptill but he does well against wrist spin and right-arm pace. Pick him as a differential in your team.
- Blair Tickner is the 6th highest wicket-taker at this venue since 2018. Pick him as a differential in your team if he plays in this match.
Pakistan – Fantasy Notes
- Pakistan has promoted either Shadab or Nawaz to Number 4 in this series. Expect them to promote Shadab over Nawaz in this match as they did in the previous head-to-heads in this series.
- Michael Bracewell is selected in over 80% of the teams and has picked 2 wickets in all the 3 matches he has played in this series. He is risky drop in this match as he bats lower in the order and Pakistan can effectively counter him if they are chasing.
- Favour the chasing team to win this match and pick more pacers from the team that bowls first. If Pakistan bowl first, Haris Rauf is a must-pick and if New Zealand bowl first, pick Trent Boult.
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric