India vs South Africa, 3rd ODI – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
India will take on South Africa in the 3rd ODI of the 3-match series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
WK: Quinton de Kock, Sanju Samson
BAT: Shreyas Iyer, Shikhar Dhawan, Reeza Hendricks, David Miller
AR: Aiden Markram, Shardul Thakur
BOWL: Mohammad Siraj, Lungi Ngidi, Marco Jansen
C/VC: Shreyas Iyer, Shikhar Dhawan, Quinton de Kock
Differentials: Shubman Gill (44%), Janneman Malan (24%), Andile Phehlukwayo (1%)
C/VC Differentials: Sanju Samson (5%), Reeza Hendricks (6.3%)
Arun Jaitley Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in ODIs since 2018: 272
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all ODIs since 2018: Win batting first – 1; Win chasing – 0
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list: N/A
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list: N/A
- This is one of the smallest grounds in the country with 68 m straight boundaries and 65 m square boundaries. For this reason and due to the quick outfield, it is expected to be a high-scoring match.
- The weather forecasts predict slight chances of rain and these conditions should also offer assistance to the pacers.
- While the sample size is low for the ODIs since 2018 at this venue, it has witnessed plenty of T20 matches.
- Shreyas Iyer(2) and Shikhar Dhawan(3) are on the list of top 10 run-scorers at this venue in T20s since 2018 while Avesh Khan(5) and Kagiso Rabada are on the top 10 wicket-takers list at this venue in T20s since 2018.
Predicted Playing XI
India: Shikhar Dhawan(c), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson(wk), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed/Mukesh Kumar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Siraj, Avesh Khan
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(wk), Janneman Malan, Temba Bavuma/Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj(c), Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
India vs South Africa 3rd ODI Stat Box
- Shikhar Dhawan vs South Africa since 2018: 517 runs at 47/95 in 12 innings
- Shreyas Iyer vs South Africa since 2018: 220 runs at 37/95 in 7 innings
- Shreyas Iyer’s last 6 ODI innings: 113, 50, 44, 63, 54, 80
- Shikhar Dhawan at Delhi in T20s: 369 runs at 46/135 in 9 innings
- Shreyas Iyer at Delhi in T20s: 550 runs at 39/128 in 16 innings
- Shubman Gill in ODIs: 530 runs at 59/105 in 11 innings
- Ishan Kishan in ODIs: 250 runs at 42/92 in 7 innings
- Shardul Thakur in ODIs: 257 runs and 38 wickets in 24 innings
- Rajat Patidar recent form in all-formats: 20, 45, 30, 109, 4, 176, 122, 30, 7, 79
- Shahbaz Ahmed in List A matches: 24 wickets and 662 runs at 47/92 in 27 innings
- Ruturaj Gaikwad in List A matches: 3271 runs at 54/98 in 64 innings
South Africa: (since 2018)
- Temba Bavuma vs India: 161 runs at 40/79 in 4 innings
- Quinton de Kock vs India: 346 runs at 43/87 in 8 innings
- Aiden Markram vs India: 262 runs at 26/80 in 11 innings
- Lungi Ngidi vs India: 16 wickets at 26/5.9 in 8 innings
- Kagiso Rabada vs India: 10 wickets in 8 innings
- Janneman Malan in ODIs: 943 runs at 50/84 in 21 innings
- Heinrich Klaasen in ODIs: 762 runs at 35/95 in 27 innings
- Reeza Hendricks in ODIs: 639 runs at 28/79 in 25 innings
- Anrich Nortje in ODIs: 28 wickets at 25/5.7 in 15 innings
- Aiden Markram vs Spin: 17 outs and 343 runs at 20/84 in 25 innings
India – Fantasy Notes
- There is a possibility that India could hand a debut for Mukesh Kumar for the final match of the series. In that case, he is likely to replace one of the two spin-allrounders.
- Picking the correct Indian batters will decide how most of your leagues. We suggest you nail both Shikhar Dhawan and Shreyas Iyer in your teams as they have experience playing here, while also being one of the top run-scorers in T20s at this venue.
- Mohammad Siraj will get another opportunity to showcase his ability with the ball for a probable selection as a replacement for Jasprit Bumrah in the T20 World Cup.
South Africa– Fantasy Notes
- Since 2018, Aiden Markram averages 20 against India and has been dismissed 17 times to spin while averaging just 18 in 24 innings. He was our risky drop in the last match, which did not turn out well. We suggest you keep him in your teams as a safety net with over 70% selections and his part-time off-spin could also be used against the Indian left-handers.
- Risky inclusion – Temba Bavuma averages 40 against India in ODIs but his poor form in the recent limited-overs series meant his selection has dropped to 12%. A longer format should suit his style of play and allow him the time to phase his innings gradually. Try him as a differential, if he plays in this match.
- Pick Janneman Malan as a differential in your teams! He is an ideal pick in this format of the game, where he takes minimal risks with his batting approach and is excellent at protecting his wicket against all bowling types. Since 2018, he averages over 50 in ODIs and also against spin.
- Pick Wayne Parnell as a differential in your teams, particularly if he bowls first. If he gets an opportunity to bat, he will also provide you additional points as a lower-order batter.
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric