Australia vs England, 1st T20I – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Australia will take on England in the 1st T20I of the 3-match series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
WK: Jos Buttler
BAT: Aaron Finch, Dawid Malan, David Warner, Marcus Stoinis
AR: Ben Stokes, Cameron Green
BOWL: Kane Richardson, Reece Topley, Mark Wood, Nathan Elli
C/VC: Jos Buttler, Cameron Green, Kane Richardson
Differentials: Alex Hales (24%), Harry Brook – bat 1st (23%), Adil Rashid – bowl 2nd (14%)
C/VC Differentials: Kane Richardson – bowl 1st (2.8%), Aaron Finch (1.6%), Ben Stokes (5%)
Perth Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 151
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 16; Win chasing – 15
- AUS-ENG Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Mitchell Marsh(3), Liam Livingstone(4), Josh Inglis(5),
- AUS-ENG Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Chris Jordan(5), Kane Richardson(9), Ashton Agar(10)
- A fresh pitch is expected, aiding pacers with a good amount of swing and bounce. For this reason, short-balls are likely to be a common wicket-taking tactic used by the bowlers throughout the match.
- Batters with an ability to play quality fast bowling should enjoy batting at this venue and score plenty of runs.
- The spinners can take advantage of the slightly larger midwicket boundaries at the venue.
Predicted Playing XI
Australia: David Warner, Cameron Green, Mitchell Marsh, Aaron Finch(c), Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Matthew Wade, Daniel Sams, Ashton Agar, Nathan Ellis, Kane Richardson
England: Jos Buttler(c+wk), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes/Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Reece Topley
Australia vs England, 1st T20I Stat Box
Australia: (all T20s since 2018)
- Mitchell Marsh at Perth: 5 wickets and 363 runs at 40/156 in 15 innings
- Josh Inglis at Perth: 319 runs at 29/147 in 13 innings
- Kane Richardson at Perth: 9 wickets at 12.6/5.7 in 5 innings
- Ashton Agar at Perth: 8 wickets at 26/7.0 in 10 innings
- Sean Abbott at Perth: 6 wickets at 15/8.3 in 4 innings
- David Warner vs L-Pace in PP: 11 outs at 25/108 in 42 innings
- Mitchell Marsh vs Wrist-spin in Overs 7-20: 13 outs at 25/111 in 48 innings
- Mitchell Marsh vs Off-spin in Overs 7-20: 7 puts at 13/111 in 19 innings
- Aaron Finch vs England: 273 runs at 55/147 in 6 innings
- David Warner vs England: 65 runs at 13/112 in 5 innings
England: (all T20s since 2018)
- Liam Livingstone at Perth: 337 runs at 31/135 in 11 innings
- Chris Jordan at Perth: 11 wickets at 15/8.7 in 8 innings
- Jos Buttler vs Australia: 304 runs at 76/151 in 6 innings
- Phil Salt in Australia: 671 runs at 23/146 in 30 innings
- Phil Salt vs L-Pace in PP: 22 outs at 21/128 in 66 innings
- Phil Salt vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 6 outs at 23/109 in 25 innings
- Dawid Malan in Australia: 325 runs at 28/121 in 12 innings
- Alex Hales in Australia: 1527 runs at 35/152 in 47 innings
- Alex Hales vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 10 outs at 19/130 in 37 innings
- Chris Jordan in Australia: 25 wickets at 21/8.5 in 27 innings
- Ben Stokes last 10 T20I matches: 14+1w, 46+1w, 0w, 24+0w, 1w, 2w, 16, 37, 22, 47
Australia – Fantasy Notes
- Cricinfo reported that Australia has rested several key players for the 1st T20I.
- Rested – Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood and Glenn Maxwell.
- IN – Mitchell Swepson, Nathan Ellis, Daniel Sams, Marcus Stoinis and Kane Richardson
- David Warner struggles to get going against Left arm pace bowling type and with England likely to employ at least 2 in this match, it will be tricky for Warner in the initial overs. Keep a restrain in giving him the armband on a pitch which aids pacers. Consider dropping him in a few Grand league teams as well.
- Mitchell Marsh is the 3rd highest run-scorer at this venue but he struggles against wrist-spin and off-spin bowling type. His fantasy potential takes a dip as he is less likely to bowl in this match. Prefer picking him as a differential only if he bats in the first innings.
- Kane Richardson is an excellent differential captaincy choice for this match, particularly if he bowls in the first innings, as one of his well known skill-set is bowling at the death.
England – Fantasy Notes
- Liam Livingstone will not play in this match and remains an injury concern for England ahead of the T20 World Cup.
- The last time Ben Stokes featured for England in T20s was in March 2021, so his form in this format is unclear. Neverthless, his all-round potential is something we would not like to miss out on, as he is likely to be promoted to bat in the top 4 in this series and contribute with the ball as well.
- Pick Dawid Malan in your teams as Australia lack both an off-spinner and a wrist-spinner (unless Swepson plays) to counter him.
- Chris Jordan is the 5th highest wicket-taker at this venue since 2018. Pick him in your teams if he plays, particularly if he bowls in the first innings.
- Similarily, prefer picking Adil Rashid in your team if he bowls in the second innings and his effectiveness increases if England also manage to put a big total on board to defend.
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric