India vs South Africa, 1st ODI – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
India will take on South Africa in the 1st ODI of the 3-match series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest
WK: Quinton de Kock, Ishan Kishan
BAT: Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, David Miller
AR: Aiden Markram, Shardul Thakur
BOWL: Kagiso Rabada, Kuldeep Yadav, Keshav Maharaj, Mohammad Siraj
C/VC: Quinton de Kock, Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill
Differentials: Temba Bavuma (13%) Janneman Malan (28%), Lungi Ngidi (12%)
C/VC Differentials: Aiden Markram (4.5%), Shardul Thakur (4.5%)
Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in ODIs since 2018: 230
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all ODIs since 2018: Win batting first – 1; Win chasing –
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: None
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: None
- Low sample size to judge the pitch as the 3 matches that were played at this venue, have been between Afghanistan and the West Indies.
- India scored 190+ in both the T20I matches they played at this venue, which would be lead us to assume that it is a good surface for the batters to score plenty of runs.
- Weather forecast predict rain and overcast conditions, which will favour the pacers in the initial overs.
- As the match progresses, spinners will come into play particularly in the second innings due to the big ground dimensions.
Predicted Playing XI
India: Shikhar Dhawan(c), Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Ishan Kishan/Rajat Patidar, Sanju Samson(wk), Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Siraj, Avesh Khan/Ravi Bishnoi
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(wk), Janneman Malan, Temba Bavuma(c), Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius/Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje/Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi
India vs South Africa, 1st ODI Stat Box
- Shikhar Dhawan vs South Africa since 2018: 500 runs at 56/97 in 10 innings
- Shreyas Iyer vs South Africa since 2018: 102 runs at 20/83 in 5 innings
- Deepak Chahar in ODIs: 15 wickets in 9 innings
- Shubman Gill in ODIs: 499 runs at 71/105 in 9 innings
- Shardul Thakur in ODIs: 224 runs and 35 wickets at 30/6.5 in 22 innings
- Rajat Patidar recent form in all-formats: 20, 45, 30, 109, 4, 176, 122, 30, 7, 79
- Shahbaz Ahmed in List A matches: 24 wickets and 662 runs at 47/92 in 27 innings
South Africa: (since 2018)
- Temba Bavuma vs India: 153 runs at 51/80 in 3 innings
- Quinton de Kock vs India: 293 runs at 49/86 in 6 innings
- Aiden Markram vs India: 183 runs at 23/81 in 9 innings
- Lungi Ngidi vs India: 13 wickets at 28/5.9 in 7 innings
- Andile Phehlukwayo vs India: 10 wickets and 125 runs at 25/77 in 9 innings
- Kagiso Rabada vs India: 7 wickets in 6 innings
- Janneman Malan in ODIs: 986 runs at 52/85 in 19 innings
- David Malan in ODIs: 1143 runs at 44/90 in 36 innings
- Anrich Nortje in ODIs: 28 wickets at 25/5.7 in 14 innings
India – Fantasy Notes
- Shikhar Dhawan and Shubman Gill are solid batters at the top of the order for India. It makes little sense to go without them in your team based on their recent form and experience.
- Shreyas Iyer is vulnerable to the short ball and remains an unreliable option for the c/vc spot but he still remains a good differential pick for this match as one of the few experienced batters in the team.
- Shahbaz Ahmed if he plays, will bat at No.6 and is an excellent differential in this match. He can fetch you points with both the bat and the ball.
South Africa– Fantasy Notes
- Pick Andile Phehlukwayo as a differential in this match, particularly if he bowls in the first innings as he is a designated death overs bowler and can also score runs with the bat lower down the order.
- While Temba Bavuma struggled in the T20s after returning from injury, his style of play is more suited for the longer format and therefore, he should be in consideration as one of the differential picks in this match.
- Aiden Markram will play an important role in his 100th ODI. Alongwith his batting, he will be brought on to bowl his off-spin, with India likely to play at least 2 LHBs in their top 6 with the main wicket being Dhawan.
- Prefer spinners as picks especially if they bowl in the second innings when they will get more turn as the pitch gets used along with the advantage of long boundaries.
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric