India vs South Africa, 1st T20I – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
India will take on South Africa in the 1st T20I of a 3-match series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest
WK: Quinton de Kock
BAT: KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, David Miller, Suryakumar Yadav
AR: Aiden Markram, Axar Patel
BOWL: Deepak Chahar, Kagiso Rabada, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep Singh
C/VC: Virat Kohli, Aiden Markram
Differentials: Rilee Rossouw (12%), Ravichandran Ashwin (11%)
C/VC Differentials: Deepak Chahar (0.5%), David Miller (1.5%)
Greenfield International Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 152
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2018: Win batting first – 4; Win chasing – 9
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Dinesh Karthik(4)
- IND-SA Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Deepak Chahar(2)
Since 2018, only 1 T20 international has been played at this venue but12 twenty-over Syed Mushtaq Ali matches were also played at this venue back in 2019. The average 1st innings score does not give us a true idea of the run-scoring at this venue because of the difference in quality that was seen between different domestic teams.
Predicted Playing XI
India: Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(wk), Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Deepak Chahar/Harshal Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin/Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(wk), Temba Bavuma(c), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs/Heinrich Klaasen, Dwaine Pretorius, Marco Jansen/Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi
India vs South Africa, 1st T20I Stat Box
India: (all T20s since 2018)
- Dinesh Karthik at Thiruvananthapuram: 119 runs at 163 SR in 2 innings
- Deepak Chahar at Thiruvananthapuram: 9 wickets in 4 innings
- KL Rahul vs L-Pace in Overs in PP: 5 outs at 89/113 in 51 innings
- Rohit Sharma vs L-Pace in PP: 12 outs at 28/109 in 57 innings
- Virat Kohli vs L-Pace in PP: 8 outs at 31/115 in 45 innings
- Suryakumar Yadav vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 7 outs at 31/113 in 33 innings
- Harshal Patel bowling in the 1st innings: 43 wickets in 24 innings
- Rohit Sharma vs South Africa: 53 runs at 11/139 in 5 innings
South Africa: (all T20s since 2018)
- Aiden Markram in India: 381 runs at 48/139 in 12 innings
- David Miller in India: 981 runs at 41/145 in 40 innings
- Heinrich Klaasen vs India: 210 runs at 35/167 in 6 innings
- Kagiso Rabada in India: 61 wickets in 38 innings
- Lungi Ngidi in India: 20 wickets in 12 innings at 10.5 balls per wicket
- Aiden Markram vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 6 outs at 18/131 in 15 innings
- Quinton de Kock vs Wrist Spin in Overs 7-20: 14 outs at 24/127 in 43 innings
- Quinton de Kock vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 14 outs at 15/122 in 41 innings
- Rilee Rossouw vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 10 outs at 27/112 in 43 innings
- Rilee Rossouw in 2022: 1099 runs at 39/175 in 35 innings
- Dwaine Pretorius T20 form for South Africa: 3w, 1w, 1w, 2w, 1w, 1w, 2w, 1w, 3w
India – Fantasy Notes
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma struggle against left-arm pacers in the powerplay. If South Africa decides to play Marco Jansen, he will be a big threat for the two batters in the Indian top order.
- KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav remain the safest batters in the Indian batting in terms of bowling matchups, even though Surya has a dip in his strike rate against left-arm spin.
- If Kohli is chasing, prioritise him as a pick over other Indian batters.
- On the other hand, Rohit Sharma’s approach of putting less value on protecting his wicket makes him less reliable and volatile from a fantasy perspective. Pick him only if you are going to c/vc him in the match.
- Harshal Patel was not at his best in the Australian series but he still remains an excellent differential option as a death bowler who can pick up wickets with his slower variations. Pick him in your team if he bowls in the first innings.
- Pick Dinesh Karthik if India bats first. In the absence of Hardik Pandya and against a top quality pace-attack, he is more likely to get more batting opportunities in this series.
South Africa– Fantasy Notes
- If Ravichandran Ashwin plays, Quinton de Kock and Rilee Rossouw will struggle against the ball spinning away from them. If he does not play, Rossouw becomes a very good differential pick batting at Number 3 as he has good records against all other bowling types.
- Aiden Markram has found left-arm spin to be tricky but he has a good batting record in India. His part-time off-spin could also be used in this match in the middle overs.
- Pick Dwaine Pretorius in your teams particularly if he bowls first. He is also a handy lower-order batter and was in good form at the CPL as well.
- Tabraiz Shamsi is a better pick if he bowls in the second innings when he has more opportunities to pick up wickets as batters look to attack while chasing a score.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric