Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs, CPL Qualifier 2 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Guyana Amazon Warriors will take on the Jamaica Tallawahs in CPL 2022’s Qualifier 2 match and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
WK: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
BAT: Brandon King, Shimron Hetmyer, Shamarh Brooks
AR: Imad Wasim, Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Nabi, Romario Shepherd
BOWL: Chris Green, Imran Tahir, Mohammad Amir
C/VC: Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Nabi
Differentials: Fabian Allen (27%), Shamarh Brooks (23%)
C/VC Differentials: Romario Shepherd (3.8%), Chris Green – bowl 2nd (0.6%)
Providence Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in the CPL since 2018: 160
- Bat First vs Bowl First in CPL since 2018: Win batting first – 12; Win chasing – 10
- GAW-JAM Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Shimron Hetmyer(1), Brandon King(2), Shai Hope (5), Chandrapaul Hemraj(7)
- GAW-JAM Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Imran Tahir(1), Romario Shepherd(2), Chris Green(3), Keemo Paul(5), Odean Smith(6), Shakib Al Hasan(7)
Six out of Eight matches so far this season at the venue have been won by the team batting 1st. Runs are expected in the first innings but as the match progresses, spinners will dominate the proceedings due to the pitch being used continuously in the past few days.
Predicted Playing XI
Guyana Amazon Warriors: Rahmanullah Gurbaz(wk), Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shai Hope, Shakib Al Hasan, Shimron Hetmyer(c), Romario Shepherd, Keemo Paul, Odean Smith, Gudakesh Motie, Junior Sinclair, Imran Tahir
Jamaica Tallawahs: Brandon King, Kennar Lewis(wk), Shamarh Brooks, Rovman Powell(c), Raymon Reifer, Fabian Allen, Mohammad Nabi, Imad Wasim, Chris Green, Nicholson Gordon, Mohammad Amir
Caribbean Premier League 2022, Qualifier 2 Stat Box
Guyana Amazon Warriors: (all T20s since 2018)
- Shimron Hetmyer at Guyana: 518 runs at 30/131 in 19 innings
- Shai Hope at Guyana: 274 runs at 466/153 in 7 innings
- Chandrapaul Hemraj at Guyana: 5 wickets and 213 runs at 19/113 in 11 innings
- Imran Tahir at Guyana: 19 wickets in 14 innings
- Romario Shepherd at Guyana: 17 wickets in 12 innings
- Keemo Paul at Guyana: 10 wickets in 16 innings
- Odean Smith at Guyana: 9 wickets in 9 innings
- Shakib Al Hasan at Guyana: 9 wickets and 99 runs in 7 innings
- Shimron Hetmyer vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 14 outs at 19/101 in 58 innings
- Shimron Hetmyer vs Wrist-Spin in Overs 7-20: 20 outs at 17/107 in 58 innings
- Chandrapaul Hemraj vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 5 outs at 19/117 in 13 innings
- Shakib Al Hasan vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 10 outs at 34/120 in 49 innings
- Shai Hope vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 5 outs at 20/97 in 18 innings
- Shai Hope vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 6 outs at 20/106 in 21 innings
- Shai Hope vs L-Pace in PP: 7 outs at 17/112 in 22 innings
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 4 outs at 24/108 in 12 innings
- Shakib Al Hasan vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 10 outs at 20/120 in 34 innings
Jamaica Tallawahs: (all T20s since 2018)
- Kennar Lewis vs Wrist Spin in Overs 7-20: 3 outs at 19/161 in 7 innings
- Shamarh Brooks vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 3 outs at 26/97 in 14 innings
- Brandon King at Guyana: 341 runs at 38/150 in 11 innings
- Brandon King vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 4 outs at 34/125 in 19 innings
- Rovman Powell vs Wrist Spin in Overs 7-20: 19 outs at 17/120 in 53 innings
- Chris Green at Guyana: 12 wickets in 14 innings
- Raymon Reifer vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 4 outs and 65 runs at 16/102 in 13 innings
- Raymon Reifer vs R-Pace in Overs 7-20: 18 outs at 14/132 in 29 innings
- Migael Pretorius in CPL: 21 wickets in 16 innnigs
- Nicholson Gordon’s recent form: 0w, 1w, 0w, 0w, 1w, 3w, 2w, 2w, 2w,
- Mohammad Amir in CPL 2022 so far: 1w, 3w, 3w, 2w, 1w, 0w, 1w, 2w, 0w
Guyana Amazon Warriors – Fantasy Notes
- Load up on Guyana spinners if they are bowling second in particular, as they will face a Tallawahs batting unit with just 1 RHB in their top 6.
- Shai Hope struggles against all the main bowling types that the Tallawahs have to offer – left-arm spin, off-spin and left-arm pace. It will be a surprise to us if he manages to survive all these overs of quality bowling.
- Shakib Al Hasan has struggled against off-spin bowling and will face Green and Nabi in this match which is not an ideal matchup for him. He could still make up for any batting failure with the ball against a team with many RHBs and more importantly, few of his overs are expected to be kept for the final overs when bowls in the second innings.
- Romario Shepherd is the 2nd highest wicket-taker at this venue since 2018. Pick him in your team if he bowls in the first innings as there is a chance that his overs can get cut in the second innings when the team will be looking to dominate with their spinners.
Jamaica Tallawahs – Fantasy Notes
- Brandon King is the 2nd highest run scorer at this venue and when will also be facing his former team at a venue he has experience batting in.
- Shamarh Brooks has struggled to get going against left-arm spin but he is relatively reliable at protecting his wicket in these conditions. Pick him as a differential in your teams if 2 batters in the top 4 are left out.
- Rovman Powell struggles against wrist spin in the middle overs and Tahir will be a major threat against him, particularly when it gets tougher for the batters in the second innings.
- Load up on Tallawahs spinners particularly if they bowl second as they will be crucial against a Guyanese batting that struggles with both left-arm spin and off-spin.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric