India vs Australia, 2nd T20I – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
India will take on Australia in the 2nd T20I of a 3-match series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
Vidarbha Cricket Association – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score since 2016: 153
- Bat First vs Bowl First in all T20s since 2016: Win batting first – 7; Win chasing – 3
- IND-AUS Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: KL Rahul(2)
- IND-AUS Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Deepak Chahar(3)
The last time an international match was held at this venue was 3 years ago, so it is not clear what the behaviour of the pitch is likely until the update at the toss. The pitches at the venue have generally favoured the team batting first and larger boundaries aids spin bowlers and pacers with variations to pick up wickets.
Predicted Playing XI
India: Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik(wk), Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah/Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal
Australia: Aaron Finch(c), Cameron Green, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Josh Inglis, Tim David, Matthew Wade(wk), Pat Cummins, Adam Zampa, Nathan Ellis, Josh Hazlewood
India vs Australia, 2nd T20I Stat Box
India: (all T20s since 2018)
- KL Rahul at Nagpur: 123 runs at 61/150 in 2 innings
- KL Rahul vs L-Pace in Overs in PP: 4 outs at 100/113 in 50 innings
- Rohit Sharma vs L-Pace in PP: 12 outs at 28/110 in 55 innings
- Virat Kohli vs L-Pace in PP: 8 outs at 29/114 in 44 innings
- Virat Kohli vs Australia: 297 runs at 49/145 in innings
- Suryakumar Yadav vs Wrist Spin in Overs 7-20: 13 outs at 66/170 in 55 innings
- Harshal Patel bowling in the 1st innings: 42 wickets in 22 innings
Australia: (all T20s since 2018)
- S Smith at batting position: At 3 – 356 runs at 39/135 in 11 inns, 4/5 – 176 runs at 24/124 in 10 inn
- Josh Inglis vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 4 outs at 22/177 in 12 innings
- Josh Inglis vs Wrist Spin in Overs 7-20: 8 outs at 35/170 in 25 innings
- Josh Inglis vs R-Pace in Overs 1-6: 24 outs at 23/122 in 51 innings
- Glenn Maxwell’s record in India: 863 runs at 54/160 in 34 innings
- Glenn Maxwell vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 16 outs at 28/125 in 64 innings
- Tim David in the Death Overs 17-20: 994 runs at 196 SR in 63 innings
- Tim David vs Wrist-Spin in Overs 7-20: 13 outs at 34/156 in 61 innings
- Pat Cummins recent T20 form (for Australia): 0w, 1w, 1w, 0w, 1w, 1w, 0w, 0w
India – Fantasy Notes
- As we mentioned in the last preview that if Pant is not selected in the XI, Axar Patel could be promoted up the order to counter Zampa/Agar and play the role of a pinch-hitter. He will also be bowling to an Australian batting with at least 5 RHB in the top 6 and while he is not a differential anymore, he has a potential to offer similar high returns on a venue with large boundaries.
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma struggle against left-arm pacers in the powerplay. If Australia decides to play Daniel Sams in this match, he could be a threat against these two in the Indian top order.
- Pick Harshal Patel in your teams if he bowls first. His variations and slower balls at the death overs can get produce a few wickets at this venue.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has not been convincing with the ball recently and his selection has also dropped in fantasy teams. Back him as a differential pick in this match particularly when he bowls second where he will create many wicket-taking opportunities as batters look to attack him.
- Choosing batters among the Indian top 4 has been always tricky so as to maintain balance in the fantasy team by not picking all of them. If Ashton Agar does not play in this match, KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav have a relatively better record against all the bowling types of Australia.
- Rohit Sharma’s approach of attacking from the start and putting less value on protecting his wicket makes him less of a safe pick but it is a matter of opinion. If you feel he clicks today, do not hesitate in giving him the c/vc. Kohli on the other hand is a certain pick in the team with his record against Australia.
Australia – Fantasy Notes
- With India likely to go with at least 5 RHB in their top 6, a quality wrist-spinner like Zampa is a logical pick in your fantasy teams.
- According to Cricinfo, Kane Richardson will be unavailable for this match as well, so Nathan Ellis keeps his place in the XI.
- With Nathan Ellis in the team, Cummins goes back to his previous role of putting pressure on the batters at one end while bowlers at the other end pick up the wickets.
- With Josh Inglis not batting as an opener or even in the top order, his fantasy potential remains low. Wade could also be promoted ahead of him in this match to counter Axar and Chahal – that makes Wade a default pick in the WK section.
- Cameron Green is the bowler the Indian batters will look to target in this match which also means more chances of aerial shots and wickets. This, along with him opening the batting makes him a very attractive option for c/vc particularly if he bowls first.
WK: Matthew Wade
BAT: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Tim David, Aaron Finch, Rohit Sharma
AR: Hardik Pandya, Glenn Maxwell
BOWL: Jasprit Bumrah, Josh Hazlewood, Harshal Patel
C/VC: KL Rahul, Aaron Finch
Differentials: Adam Zampa (17%), Yuzvendra Chahal (24%)
C/VC Differentials: Steven Smith (2.4%), Axar Patel (3.4%), Glenn Maxwell (4.3%)
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric