Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20I – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Pakistan will take on England in the 2nd T20I of a 7-match series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream 11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
National Stadium, Karachi – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in all T20s since 2018: 182
- Bat First vs Bowl First since 2018: Win batting first – 20; Win chasing – 22
- PAK-ENG Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Babar Azam(1), Mohammad Rizwan(3), Alex Hales(6), Shan Masood(10)
- PAK-ENG Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Shadab Khan(1), Hasan Ali(2), Mohammad Hasnain(4), Haris Rauf(5), Mohammad Nawaz(6), Mohammad Wasim(9)
This pitch at Karachi is flat which will favour the batters and since a fresh wicket is expected, pacers can also find assistance. The team that wins the toss will look to bowl first and chase down the total, as there is a high chance of dew in the 2nd innings.
Predicted Playing XI
Pakistan: Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan/Mohammad Haris(wk), Haider Ali, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Nawaz, Naseem Shah, Usman Qadir, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain
England: Alex Hales, Phil Salt(wk), Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali(c), Sam Curran, David Willey, Luke Wood, Adil Rashid, Richard Gleeson/Olly Stone
Pakistan vs England, 1st T20I Stat Box
Pakistan: (all T20s since 2018)
- Babar Azam at Karachi: 1197 runs at 57/131 in 27 innings
- Mohammad Rizwan at Karachi: 783 runs at 60/145 in 15 innings
- Shan Masood at Karachi: 389 runs at 35/147 in 11 innings
- Shadab Khan at Karachi: 32 wickets in 21 innings
- Hasan Ali at Karachi: 30 wickets in 24 innings
- Mohammad Hasnain at Karachi: 24 wickets in 16 innings
- Haris Rauf at Karachi: 21 wickets in 17 innings
- Mohammad Nawaz at Karachi: 19 wickets in 24 innings
- Mohammad Wasim at Karachi: 17 wickets in 12 innings
- Haris Rauf in the Death Overs 17-20: 71 wickets in 87 innings at a wicket every 11 balls
- Shan Masood’s batting record: 37/137 in 47 innings
England: (all T20s since 2018)
- Alex Hales at Karachi: 464 runs at 33/140 in 15 innings
- Phil Salt’s batting record: 21/158 in 139 innings
- Phil Salt vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 6 outs at 18/115 in 23 innings
- Phil Salt vs Wrist-Spin in Overs 7-20: 17 outs at 17/145 in 38 innings
- Harry Brook’s batting record: 31/148 in 77 innings
- Harry Brook vs Wrist-Spin in Overs 7-20: 17 outs at 14/114 in 45 innings
- Moeen Ali’s recent form: 7+1w, 11+1w, 4+0w, 42, 2w, 52+1w
- Richard Gleeson in the Death Overs 17-20: 22 wickets in 31 innings at a wicket every 8 balls
- Luke Wood in the Death Overs 17-20: 21 wickets in 31 innings at a wicket every 10 balls
- Olly Stone’s bowling record: 35 wickets in 24 innings at a wicket every 15 balls
Pakistan – Fantasy Notes
- According to Cricinfo, a lot of experimentations are expected in the lineups throughout the series including the resting of key players like Rizwan. Also mentioned in the article is a possible injury for English pacer, Richard Gleeson.
- Pick Usman Qadir in your team and in particular if he bowls in the second innings as he will have a good total to defend. The English RHBs struggle against this bowling type while the LHBs will look to attack him, which creates opportunities for wickets.
- The same applies to Shadab Khan if he plays, except that he can also contribute with the bat.
- Haider Ali struggles against Left-arm pace bowling types and the matchup is not in his favour as the English bowling attack features 3 left-arm bowlers, If he somehow manages to survive these overs, he could do well considering his good record against the spin bowling types.
- Ifthikar Ahmed did not bowl in the last match but he still remains the only off-spin option against an England team with multiple LHBs in the middle order.
England – Fantasy Notes
- Prior to the first match, Cricinfo reported that Jos Buttler, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood will not feature in the first 4 T20Is at Karachi.
- If Mohammad Rizwan is rested, Phil Salt by default becomes the pick in the WK section. While he struggles against spin, his attacking intent at the top of the order makes him an option worth trying. He will also be competing for the opener’s slot with Hales when Buttler returns to the lineup.
- Pick Adil Rashid in your teams and in particular in the second innings. The middle order of Pakistan struggles against wrist spin.
- Pick at least 2 pacers from the team bowling 1st especially the ones who could bowl at the death. PAK – Haris Rauf, Shahnawaz Dahani, Naseem Shah; ENG – Sam Curran, Luke Wood, Richard Gleeson
WK: Mohammad Rizwan
BAT: Dawid Malan, Babar Azam, Alex Hales, Shan Masood
AR: Sam Curran, Moeen Ali, Mohammad Nawaz
BOWL: Adil Rashid, Luke Wood, Haris Rauf
C/VC: Mohammad Rizwan, Haris Rauf, Moeen Ali
Differentials: Shahnawaz Dahani (11%), Shan Masood (14%) , Liam Dawson (0.5%)
C/VC Differentials: Adil Rashid (1.6%), Haris Rauf – Bowling 1st (2%), Sam Curran (3.6%)
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric