Barbados Royals vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, CPL Match No. 24 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Barbados Royals will take on St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in CPL 2022’s 24th match and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
Providence Stadium – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in the CPL since 2018: 160
- Bat First vs Bowl First since 2018: Win batting first – 6; Win chasing – 8
- BAR-SKN Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Sherfane Rutherford(5)
- BAR-SKN Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Oshane Thomas (6), Jason Holder(7)
The pitch at Guyana will be tough for the batters in a day game as it gets slow and has also seen to produces uneven bounce. This only means one thing – the use of spinners will be increased and pacers with slower variations are likely to benefit from the pitch conditions. The
The team that wins the toss will look to bowl first, putting pressure on the batting team straight away and chasing down the total.
Predicted Playing XI
Barbados Royals: Rahkeem Cornwall, Kyle Mayers(c), Corbin Bosch, Harry Tector, Azam Khan(wk), Devon Thomas, Jason Holder, Joshua Bishop, Obed McCoy, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Ramon Simmonds
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots: Evin Lewis, Andre Fletcher(wk), Dewald Brevis, Darren Bravo, Sherfane Rutherford, Dwayne Bravo(c), Rashid Khan, Duan Jansen, Akila Dananjaya, Jon-Russ Jaggesar/Sheldon Cottrell, Jaden Carmichael
Caribbean Premier League 2022, Game 24 Stat Box
Barbados Royals: (all T20s since 2018)
- Kyle Mayers in CPL batting 1st vs batting 2nd: Bat 1st – 23/121 in 17 innings Bat 2nd – 37/140 in 9 innings
- Harry Tector vs Wrist-Spin in Overs 7-20: 4 outs at 30/120 in 16 innings
- Azam Khan vs Wrist-Spin in Overs 7-20: 5 outs and 213 runs at 43/172 in 24 innings
- Corbin Bosch’s recent form in CPL 2022: 0, 0+0w, 33*, 56+1w, 81+0w, 2, 2
- Obed McCoy at the death in Overs 17-20: 52 wickets in 53 innings with a wicket every 9 balls
- Oshane Thomas at Guyana: 8 wickets in 4 innings
- Jason Holder at Guyana: 7 wickets and runs at 35/153 in 6 innings
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots: (all T20s since 2018)
- Sherfane Rutherford at Guyana: 226 runs at 56/146 in 7 innings
- Evin Lewis vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 7 outs at 21/131 in 31 innings
- Evin Lewis in CPL 2022 so far: 19, 20, 24, 10, 4
- Dewald Brevis in CPL 2022 so far: 32, 11, 13, 4, 14
- Sherfane Rutherford vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 6 outs at 32/92 in 34 innings
- Darren Bravo vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 5 outs at 37/103 in 27 innings
- Andre Fletcher vs Leg-spin in Overs 7-20: 7 outs at 16/88 in 24 innings
- Andre Fletcher vs SLAO in Overs 7-20: 6 outs at 25/93 in 30 innings
Barbados Royals – Fantasy Notes
- Cricinfo reported that Quinton de Kock and David Miller – 2 of the key Royals batters will not be available for the rest of the tournament as they will join the South African national camp for the series against India.
- Keep Kyle Mayers in your team but give him the armband only when he bats in the 2nd innings as he has been struggling batting first in these conditions, where it is not easy to score runs.
- Just like Mayers, Corbin Bosch has also struggled batting first. He remains an option when he bats in the second innings.
- Rahkeem Cornwall will open the batting and will more than likely bowl his full quota of overs against a Patriots batting with 3 left-handers in their top 5.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman remains the key bowler for the Royals against a Patriots team with 3 left-handers in their top 5. An excellent option when bowling first in particular, when the pitch is drier and that makes it trickier for the batters against quality spin early on in the innings.
- Back Azam Khan to come good as a differential in this match as his fantasy potential increases in the absence of the two South Africans in the middle order. He also has a good record against spin bowling type and also wrist spin in particular.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots – Fantasy Notes
- Dwaine Pretorius will not play this match as he has been called up for national duties by South Africa.
- As we noted in the last St Kitts preview, Evin Lewis has been playing with attacking intent and has been getting good starts. It seems like it is only a matter of time before he plays a big inning. Pick him in your team especially when he is batting 2nd.
- Dewald Brevis is still inexperienced against spin in these conditions but he could be a good punt pick in this match as he bats at number 3 for the Patriots and as an attacking batter, his potential to score points will always be there. Add to that, his leg-spin could also be used in this match.
- In the absence of Pretorius, Duan Jansen could bat higher and bowl his quota of 4 overs unless the Patriots decide to bring in Jaggesar as an off-spin option to counter Mayers.
- Load up your team with spinners on this Guyana pitch which favours spin and in a day game – Rashid Khan, Akila Dananjaya and Jaden Carmichael should put the batters under pressure and pick up a few wickets among themselves.
- Support spin options: Dewald Brevis (leg-spin), Jon-Russ Jaggesar (if he plays, off-spin)
WK: Andre Fletcher
BAT: Kyle Mayers, Evin Lewis, Azam Khan, Darren Bravo
AR: Jason Holder, Dwayne Bravo, Rahkeem Cornwall
BOWL: Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Rashid Khan, Akila Dananjaya
C/VC: Jason Holder, Rashid Khan
Differentials: Azam Khan (4%), Sherfane Rutherford (18%), Hayden Walsh (6.5%)
C/VC Differentials: Rahkeem Cornwall (6%), Evin Lewis (1.5%), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (1.8%)
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric