England Women vs India Women, 1st ODI – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
England Women will take on India Women in the 1st ODI of the 3-match series and 12th Khiladi provides you with the Dream 11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
County Ground, Hove – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in WODIs: 263
- Bat First vs Bowl First: Win batting first – 2; Win chasing – 1
- ENG-IND Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: N/A
- ENG-IND Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: N/A
The pitch will favour the batters and is expected to be high scoring. The pacers will find assistance in the initial overs and spin is likely to play a big role as the match progresses, especially in the 2nd innings. Teams that win the toss will bat first as they look to post a big score on the board and then defend the total.
The sample size for women’s matches is quite small but 6 out of 7 matches in the last 2 Royal London Cup seasons were won by the team batting first.
Predicted Playing XI
England Women: Tammy Beaumont, Emma Lamb, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Danielle Wyatt, Amy Jones(c+wk), Alice Davidson-Richards/Freya Kemp, Sophie Ecclestone, Charlie Dean, Kate Cross/Lauren Bell, Issy Wong
India Women: Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues/Sabbhineni Meghana, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Yastika Bhatia(wk), Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Sneh Rana, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Jhulan Goswami, Renuka Singh
England vs India Women, 1st ODI Stat Box
England Women: (all WODIs since 2018)
- Tammy Beaumont vs India: 237 runs at 30 avg in 10 innings (better in 2nd innings)
- Emma Lamb in ODIs: 3 wickets and 234 runs at 58 avg in 5 innings
- Sophia Dunkley in England: 336 runs at 42/91 in 11 innings
- Amy Jones in England: 605 runs at 30 avg in 21 innings
- Charlie Dean in ODIs: 29 wickets in 16 matches
- Sophie Ecclestone vs India: 19 wickets in 9 matches (13w in the 1st innings)
- Danielle Wyatt in England: 300 runs at 25 avg in 17 innings
- Alice Capsey in domestic 50 overs: 7 wickets and 213 runs at 24 avg in 10 innings
- Alice Davidson-Richards in domestic 50 overs: 12 wickets and 303 runs at 25 avg in 12 innings
India Women: (all WODIs since 2018)
- Smriti Mandhana vs England: 450 runs at 50/76 with 86 HS in 10 innings
- Smriti Mandhana batting 1st vs batting 2nd: Bat 1st – 38 avg in 25 inn; Bat 2nd – 83 avg in 17 inn
- Shafali Verma’s batting record: 522 runs at 31/84 in 18 innings
- Yastika Bhatia in ODIs: 402 runs at 17 avg in 16 innings
- Jemimah Rodrigues batting 1st vs batting 2nd: Bat 1st – 7 avg in 10 inn; Bat 2nd – 32 avg in 11 inn
- Harmanpreet Kaur vs England: 74 runs at 12 avg in 7 innings
- Deepti Sharma vs England: 10 wickets and 197 runs at 33 avg in 10 innings
- Pooja Vastrakar’s ODI stats: 20 wickets and 423 runs at 23 avg in 23 innings
- Sneh Rana in ODIs: 16 wickets and 182 runs in 14 innings
- Jhulan Goswami vs England: 15 wickets in 10 innings
- Meghna Singh in ODIs: 14 wickets in 14 innings – (3w in 1 inn vs England)
- Rajeshwari Gayakwad in ODIs: 42 wickets in 31 innings
- Renuka Singh in ODIs: 10 wickets in 5 matches
- Sabbhineni Meghana in ODIs: 114 runs in 3 matches at 38/109
England Women – Fantasy Notes
- Tammy Beaumont should be in most fantasy teams in this format of the game. This is a good venue to score plenty of runs at the top of the order.
- Alice Capsey offers points with both the bat and the ball. She is likely to make her ODI debut in this match. Her all-round value keeps her in the reckoning for fantasy points throughout the match.
- Charlie Dean could be a game changer and a massive differential, especially if England bowls second when she will have plenty of runs to defend against a side that is vulnerable to collapse after the wicket of Mandhana. The same is the case with the other spinners – Ecclestone, Lamb and Capsey.
- Yastika Bhatia could be a good alternative for Amy Jones in the keeping section if England bowl first as Jones bats lower down the order and there are quality batters above her who can score the majority of the runs in the chase.
India Women – Fantasy Notes
- Smriti Mandhana has a much better record chasing – so keep her in your team and captain her when she bats in the 2nd innings. England can also potentially field three Off-spinners in Charlie Dean, Emma Lamb and Alice Capsey, which could put Mandhana under pressure in the 1st innings by turning the ball away from her.
- Harmanpreet Kaur has a terrible record against England but to drop her in smaller leagues is not worth the risk as she can contribute with the ball as well. Instead, rotate her out in some of your Grand League teams.
- If Jemimah Rodrigues plays, prefer her as a pick in your team when she bats in the 2nd innings. If she does not play, S Meghana is a good alternative to replace her in the XI.
- Renuka Singh is dominant in the 1st innings and she becomes one of the top fantasy picks of the match if India bowl first.
- Pick Rajeshwari Gayakwad if you need a differential pick from India. She has a good record in this format in both innings.
WK: Amy Jones
BAT: Smriti Mandhana, Tammy Beaumont, Emma Lamb
AR: Harmanpreet Kaur, Alice Capsey, Deepti Sharma, Alice Davidson-Richards
BOWL: Sophie Ecclestone, Jhulan Goswami, Rajeshwari Gayakwad
C/VC: Smriti Mandhana (batting 2nd), Tammy Beaumont, Sophie Ecclestone
Differentials: Emma Lamb (29%), Pooja Vastrakar (8%), Charlie Dean (6%)
C/VC Differentials: Emma Lamb (3%), Renuka Singh – bowling 1st (4%)
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric