Barbados Royals vs Jamaica Tallawahs, CPL Match No. 19 – Fantasy Preview with Predicted Playing XIs, Venue Details, Relevant Stats & Full Fantasy XI
Barbados Royals and Jamaica Tallawahs take on each other in CPL 2022’s 19th match and 12th Khiladi gets you Dream 11 prediction and fantasy tips for this contest.
Queen’s Park Oval – Venue Notes
- Average First Innings Score in CPL since 2018: 162
- Bat First vs Bowl First since 2018: Win batting first – 10; Win chasing – 11
- BAR-JAM Players in the top 10 leading run-scorers list since 2018: Kyle Mayers (10)
- BAR-JAM Players in the top 10 leading wicket-takers list since 2018: Hayden Walsh (7), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (10)
Since this is a day match, the pitch conditions are expected to suit spinners and also pace bowlers with variations in their arsenal. In the case of batters, the conditions get better as the match progresses, so teams will look to bowl first and chase down the total.
Predicted Playing XI
Barbados Royals: Rahkeem Cornwall, Kyle Mayers, Corbin Bosch, Quinton de Kock(wk), David Miller(c), Azam Khan, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh, Obed McCoy, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Ramon Simmonds
Jamaica Tallawahs: Brandon King, Kennar Lewis, Amir Jangoo(wk), Rovman Powell(c), Raymon Reifer, Fabian Allen, Imad Wasim, Chris Green, Migael Pretorius, Mohammad Amir, Nicholson Gordon
Caribbean Premier League 2022, Game 19 Stat Box
Barbados Royals: (all T20s since 2018)
- Kyle Mayers vs Off-spin: 5 outs and 224 runs at 43/110 in 21 innings
- Kyle Mayers in CPL 2022 so far: 285 runs at 48/165 in 6 innings
- Quinton de Kock vs Off-Spin: 14 outs and 209 runs at 15/121 in 40 innings
- Corbin Bosch’s recent form in CPL 2022: 33*, 56+1w, 81+0w, 2, 2
- Obed McCoy at the death in Overs 17-20: 25 wickets in 24 innings with a wicket every 9 balls
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman in CPL: 19 wickets in 12 innings at 5.2 economy and 14.2 SR
- Hayden Walsh at Queen’s Park: 2w, 0w, 1w, 1w, 3w
Jamaica Tallawahs: (all T20s since 2018)
- Rovman Powell vs Leg-Spin in Overs 7-20: 14 outs and 285 runs at 21/123 in 47 innings
- Rovman Powell in CPL 2022 so far: 206 runs at 51/138 in 6 innings
- Brandon King vs Barbados: 338 runs at 84/140 in 7 innings
- Raymon Reifer vs Off-Spin in Overs 7-20: 4 outs and 57 runs at 14/102 in 11 innings
- Migael Pretorius in CPL: 21 wickets in 16 innnigs
- Nicholson Gordon’s recent form: 0w, 1w, 3w, 2w, 2w, 2w
- Mohammad Amir in CPL 2022 so far: 1w, 3w, 3w, 2w, 1w, 0w
Barbados Royals – Fantasy Notes
- Kyle Mayers has been in splendid form in this edition of the CPL. The Tallawahs will use Chris Green to counter him but Mayers usually tries to play out off-spinners while attacking the other bowlers.
- Rahkeem Cornwall will be used as a pinch-hitter at the top, primarily in order to take advantage of the powerplay. He is vulnerable against balls spinning away from him and this puts him in a hit-or-miss category. He is a better pick in the 2nd innings when the pitch gets relatively easier to bat on.
- Corbin Bosch has batted at Number 3 in the last 3 matches but there is a chance that Quinton de Kock bats ahead of him in case Mayers is dismissed first, in order to maintain an RHB-LHB partnership.
- QDK’s struggle against Off-Spin is well known and Tallawahs will utilise this matchup by employing Green against him. Despite the matchup, QDK is the only reliable option in the keeper section and he becomes a necessary pick for a safety net in small leagues.
- Make sure to include Jason Holder and Obed McCoy in your teams especially when they are bowling in the 1st innings – there is an opportunity for cheap wickets at the death.
- 4-Over guaranteed bowlers: Holder, McCoy, Mujeeb, Walsh. Others: Mayers, Simmonds, Bosch, Cornwall.
Jamaica Tallawahs – Fantasy Notes
- Rovman Powell despite being in great form in this season has generally been suspect against spin. This is likely to be a dry pitch which will favour spinners – so make him a rotating option in your bigger leagues.
- The Tallawahs have 3 LHBs in their top 6 – Amir Jangoo, Raymon Reifer and Imad Wasim, who will be matched against Royals Off-spinners Mujeeb and Cornwall. None of the three are specialist batters and a quality spinner like Mujeeb will look to take them down.
- Barring the first match, King and Lewis have not gotten off to a good opening partnership. Expect a player of King’s quality to bounce back against an opponent he has done well against in the past. Lewis on the other hand is a good alternative pick when batting 2nd.
- Focus on picking more spinners than pacers in most of your teams. Amir has been too good to leave out in small leagues but if he is bowling 2nd, leaving him out could be a risk worth taking against a strong Barbados batting order.
- If Reifer bowls, he could be a good option but he has not bowled a single over in the last 3 matches. Most of his contributions have been with the bat and with an inconsistent top order, he is more likely to play a key role with the bat once again,
- 4-Over guaranteed bowlers: Green, Amir, Imad Wasim, Pretorius. Others: Allen, Gordon, Reifer
WK: Quinton de Kock
BAT: Kyle Mayers, Raymon Reifer, Brandon King
AR: Jason Holder, Imad Wasim, Corbin Bosch
BOWL: Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Obed McCoy, Chris Green, Mohammad Amir
C/VC: Kyle Mayers, Brandon King
Differentials: Rahkeem Cornwall (32%), Fabian Allen (19.5%)
C/VC Differentials: Raymon Reifer (1.5%), Obed McCoy – bowling 1st (6%)
Note: Return after 15 minutes of the toss for a fully updated XI.
Stats Credit: Cricinfo and Cricmetric