Match Stat Box
- Rohit Sharma in T20Is vs West Indies: M – 18, R – 585, Avg/SR – 39.00/139.62
- Hardik Pandya in T20Is in 2022: M – 9, R – 217, Avg/SR – 43.4/149.7, W – 6
- Suryakumar Yadav in T20Is: M – 19, R – 537, Avg/SR – 38.36/177.23
- Deepak Hooda in T20Is: M – 6, R – 205, Avg/SR – 68.33/172.27
- Ravichandran Ashwin in T20Is vs West Indies: M – 6, W – 4, Avg – 40.00
- Nicholas Pooran in T20Is vs India: M- 10, R – 335, Avg/SR – 41.88/133.47
- Shimron Hetmyer in IPL 2022: M – 15, R – 314, Avg/SR – 44.86/153.92
- Jason Holder in T20Is vs India: M – 5, R – 34, W – 2
- Obed McCoy in T20Is since 2021: M – 14, W – 21, Avg – 17.05
Top Differentials: Deepak Hooda(27%), Arshdeep Singh(4%), Rovman Powell(17%)
Top Budget Pick: Arshdeep Singh, Deepak Hooda
Hitman’s Hit Pick Of The Match: Rohit Sharma
Fantasy Angles and Notes
- What to expect: This will be the first international match played at Tarouba’s Brian Lara Stadium. The average first-innings score at this CPL venue is 141, indicating that the pitch will be difficult to bat on. The large boundaries also bring the bowlers into play more.
- Suryakumar Yadav was the player of the series in the previous T20I series between these two sides earlier this year in India, while Nicholas Pooran scored three half centuries in three T20Is.
- KL Rahul has been ruled out of the series due to covid, and Sanju Samson has been added to the squad.
- Ravichandran Ashwin could lead India’s spin attack in Yuzvendra Chahal’s absence. There are three left-handers among the top four batters in the West Indies and he has only been chosen by 19 percent of fantasy managers, making the 35-year-old an appealing option.
- Can Hardik Pandya be dropped in GL? Hardik Pandya has been fantastic with the bat and the ball in 2022 and is the default captaincy pick for this match. However, if India fields first, we may take a risk in GL by dropping Hardik because the majority of the runs in the chase will be scored by India’s top four batters.
- Arshdeep Singh bowled 135 deliveries in the final four overs in T20 matches in 2022, conceding only 164 runs at an economy rate of 7.28 and picking up 8 wickets at an average of 20.50. Only once in those 135 deliveries has he been hit for six, which is an outstanding achievement for a death bowler. Arshdeep, like Ashwin, presents a potential differential opportunity, as he is selected by only 4% of fantasy managers, making him an excellent pick for the match, especially if India bat first.
- Shimron Hetmyer is making a long-awaited return to the West Indies and was in good form during the IPL 2022. However, Hetmyer has not played any high-level cricket in the last three months, making it difficult for him to replicate his form against India’s quality bowling lineup.
Investment Strategies: Invest approximately 15-20% of your portfolio and diversify it into 70% Small Leagues, 20% Mini Gl and 10 % GL
Grand League Team
WK: Nicholas Pooran
BAT: Rohit Sharma(c), Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer
AR: Hardik Pandya, Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Keemo Paul
BOWL: Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh(vc), Ravichandran Ashwin
League Types and Recommended Entry Range: INR 45, INR 25, INR 125, etc
Mini GL Team (10-399 Members)
WK: Rishabh Pant, Nicholas Pooran
BAT: Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer(c), Shimron Hetmyer
AR: Hardik Pandya, Jason Holder
BOWL: Ravi Bishnoi(vc), Arshdeep Singh, Obed McCoy
League Types and Recommended Entry Range: INR 299, 25-30 member leagues at INR 1390, INR 39 (339 members), INR 244 (52 members), etc.
Recommended Number of Entries: Only One Team
Small League Team (2-5 Members)
WK: Rishabh Pant, Nicholas Pooran
BAT: Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Kyle Mayers
AR: Hardik Pandya(c), Jason Holder(vc)
BOWL: Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Obed McCoy
League Types and Recommended Entry Range: 2-5 members, 1000 INR Max
Note: Teams are subject to change. Return after 15 minutes of the toss to confirm.
Predicted Playing XI
India: Rohit Sharma(c), Rishabh Pant(wk), Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Harshal Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh
West Indies: Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran(c&wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Romario Shepherd, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy, Hayden Walsh Jr